This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan…

This Is Where I Leave You (edition 2009)

by Jonathan Tropper

Member:jen.ireland
Title:This Is Where I Leave You
Authors:Jonathan Tropper
Info:Dutton Adult (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:*****

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

English (110)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (112)
This was our December book club pick. Probably one of the best I've read this year. So happy to read something good before the year ends. The premise is that the Foxman's father died and requested that his family sit for Shiva for seven days. What ensues is hilarity from the grandchildren behaving badly all the way to the mother.

For the rest of the review, visit my book blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/82198.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Dec 4, 2014 |
Koominen kuvaus juutalaisperheen 7. päivää kestävistä hautajaisista. Kirja keskittyy kertomaan kokemusta Judd Foxmanin silmin. Koko suku näkee toisensa pitkästä aikaa, eikä riidoilta voida välttyä. Mukana paljon outoja henkilöhahmoja ja mukana paljon mustaa komediaa.

Kirjasta on tehty myös elokuva, jonka ensi-ilta oli tänä vuonna. ( )
  jlgr | Nov 18, 2014 |
Super funny. ( )
  Kimberly_P | Nov 14, 2014 |
*Will review soon* ( )
  chellebuck79 | Nov 6, 2014 |
Fantastically cynical and unabashedly candid. Perhaps not the most intricate piece of writing ever written, but the protagonists view on life and love resonates well with mine that I couldn't help but laugh out loud on numerous occasions. ( )
  zojjz | Sep 29, 2014 |
Mom and Dad
"Dad's dead," says Wendy offhandedly, like it's happened before, like it happens every day.

"The death of Judd Foxman's father marks the first time that the entire Foxman family including Judd's mother, brothers, and sister - has been together in years. Conspicuously absent: Judd's wife, Jen, whose fourteen-month affair with Judd's radio-shock-jock boss has recently become painfully public." "Simultaneously mourning the death of his father and the demise of his marriage, Judd joins the rest of the Foxmans as they reluctantly submit to their patriarch's dying request: to spend the seven days following the funeral together. In the same house. Like a family." "As the week quickly spins out of control, long-standing grudges resurface, secrets are revealed, and old passions reawakened. For Judd, it's a week long attempt to make sense of the mess his life has become while trying in vain not to get sucked into the regressive battles of his madly dysfunctional family. All of which would be hard enough without the bomb Jen dropped the day Judd's father died: She's pregnant."."This Is Where I Leave You is Jonathan Tropper's most accomplished work to date, a riotously funny, emotionally raw novel about love, marriage, divorce, family, and the ties that bind - whether we like it or not."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible