This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan…

This Is Where I Leave You (edition 2009)

by Jonathan Tropper

Member:jen.ireland
Title:This Is Where I Leave You
Authors:Jonathan Tropper
Info:Dutton Adult (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:*****

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

English (126)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (128)
The death of Judd Foxman's father marks the first time that the entire Foxman clan has congregated in years. There is, however, one conspicuous absence: Judd's wife, Jen, whose affair with his radio- shock-jock boss has recently become painfully public. Simultaneously mourning the demise of his father and his marriage, Judd joins his dysfunctional family as they reluctantly sit shiva-and spend seven days and nights under the same roof. The week quickly spins out of control as longstanding grudges resurface, secrets are revealed and old passions are reawakened. Then Jen delivers the clincher: she's pregnant. ( )
  bpascoe | Apr 16, 2016 |
Hilarious , devastating , different yet brilliant.

SnowBookHollow | Apr 13, 2016 |
I'm loving this! I step away from my usual mystery, this is a fabulous read. Funny capture of family dynamics the good bad and ugly as family is forced to hang together for the 7days of Shiva for their husband/dad/father in law. It is getting ugly and funnier by the page. This is going to be a fast read and I will be sad when the ride is over.
  anglophile65 | Mar 8, 2016 |
Decided to read this after hearing it was being made into a movie starring Jason Bateman and Tina Fey. It was ok as a book but think I would enjoy it more as a movie. A dysfunctional family with 4 siblings are forced together after the death of their father for 7 days. Each sibling has their own set of issues in their lives. ( )
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Mom and Dad
"Dad's dead," says Wendy offhandedly, like it's happened before, like it happens every day.

Judd Foxman is thrown together with his dysfunctional family when his father dies, while at the same time coping with his wife's infidelity and the end of his marriage.

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible