Bad Cat by Jim Edgar

Bad Cat (original 2004; edition 2005)

by Jim Edgar

7722011,968 (3.95)11
Member:martensgirl
Title:Bad Cat
Authors:Jim Edgar
Info:Hodder & Stoughton (2005), Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Humour, Rubbish

Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties And Cats Gone Bad by Jim Edgar (2004)

These cats will get their revenge! But until then laugh it up. ( )
  DK_Atkinson | Apr 1, 2013 |
Err, what on Earth this book is supposed to be about. Okay, so there are some cute pictures of cats, but there also some nasty pictures where cats have been dressed up. The captions are not funny- it's like the worst internet tat in a book. ( )
  martensgirl | Dec 26, 2012 |
Guilty pleasure. Always makes me laugh out loud. ( )
  wolfenmom | Aug 15, 2011 |
Not really sure what to say about this book. It definitely wasn't what I imagined. There are alot of cute and not-so-cute cat pictures in this book, and a few *really* ugly cat pictures! But the majority of the quotes/jokes/whatever are just stupid. Not funny at all. ( )
  Heather19 | Jul 3, 2011 |
So funny! I laughed a lot and really enjoyed it. ( )
  tyesenpitty | Jun 13, 2011 |
Information from the Portuguese (Brazil) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
To Marlo Menez
Introduction: It is no secret that Cat owns you, and not the other way around.

Not since Kliban has there been a cat book this edgy. Edgy as in Bosco, the demonic Siamese with the out-of-focus eyes, razor-sharp fangs, and his own idea of Feng Shui. Or the half-shaved freak named Mr. Fliegel, who looks like a cross between a poodle and a lion. Mr. Fliegel shrugs and says, "Chicks dig me." Or Kato, resplendent in his Three Musketeers outfit: "One for all, blah blah blah . . . now just get me out of this @#%&ing costume!" Or Clark, whose hobby is eating other cats' food. Tina, who somehow always just misses the litter box . . . sucker. And the guilty-looking Clarence, caught with a Barbie doll in flagrante delicto. Clarence's defiant defense: "She was naked when I came in. . . ."

Just as Kliban got us to think about the cat as something far more interesting than an innocuous house pet, and Suzy Becker taught us that cats possess a Buddha-like wisdom (together Cat and All I Need to Know I Learned from My Cat have more than 2.6 million copies in print), Jim Edgar reveals yet another facet of the ever-mesmerizing animal. Brooding, deranged, antisocial, these are kitties with attitude and borderline personality problems--ah, but what hilarious fun it is to read about them. All 244 photographed in terrifying full color in their most unflattering moments, with a quote plus vital stats: name, breed, age, and hobby. Get to know them. Then see if you can ever forget them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:25 -0400)

Every page of this humorous collection provides a picture of a cat and its vital statistics revealing its bad habits, bad intentions, and bad attitude.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,153,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible