Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Felicia's Journey by William Trevor

Felicia's Journey (1994)

by William Trevor

English (20)  Dutch (2)  Croatian (1)  German (1)  All languages (24)
Il miglior thriller letto quest'anno. Insolito e sorprendente ( )
  lucaconti | Jan 24, 2019 |
The enjoyment of food, indeed! Creepy and disturbing. ( )
  Stubb | Aug 28, 2018 |
Deliberate, precise, and suffused with dread, this novel explores the lies we all tell ourselves and each other, and how much we're willing to do in the name of our shabby little fantasies. ( )
1 vote MichaelBarsa | Dec 17, 2017 |
A real gripper. Felt like the ambience was more seventies than nineties. Good writer is Trevor.
  ivanfranko | Dec 6, 2017 |
A different type of book than I'm used to however I enjoyed the writing style. The character development was excellent and I got a sense for both Felicia and Mr Hilditch. It was quite predictable but this didn't take away from a good read.
  Nataliec7 | Feb 6, 2017 |

William Trevorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jane
She keeps being sick.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0140253602, Paperback)

Felicia's Journey is a simple tale told with a subtle complexity. Felicia is an Irish country girl who has come to England to look for her jilted lover. Hilditch is a mild-mannered, gentle psychopath who lures the helpless Felicia into his trap. Interestingly, we see the story from each character's eyes when they are separate, but from Hilditch's view when they are together. It is an unusual and effective device that distorts the perspective and adds texture to a classic story. Trevor won a Whitbread Prize in 1994 for Felicia's Journey.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:33 -0400)

"Felicia is unmarried, pregnant, and penniless. She steals away from a small Irish town and drifts through the industrial English Midlands, searching for the boyfriend who left her. Instead she meets up with the fat, fiftyish, unfailingly reasonable Mr. Hilditch, who is looking for a new friend to join the five other girls in his Memory Lane. But the strange, sad, terrifying tricks of chance unravel both his and Felicia's delusions in a story that will magnetize fans of Alfred Hitchcock and Ruth Rendell even as it resonates with William Trevor's own 'impeccable strength and piercing profundity' (The Washington Post Book World)"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,479,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible