Beauty and the Beast (Disney Beauty and the…

Beauty and the Beast (Disney Beauty and the Beast) (Little Golden Book)

by Teddy Slater

Other authors: Ron Dias (Illustrator), Ric Gonzalez (Illustrator)

This is one of my favorite stories from when I was younger. I love the storyline of how Belle makes the Beast kind and they befriend one another. I also loved the illustrations such as the dancing scene when Belle is in her yellow dress. The other characters also interact so well with one another it makes reading this book so enjoyable. I think the big idea is to show kindness to all people regardless of how they treating you at the current moment. ( )
  StephanieWeiner | Nov 17, 2014 |
I just love this movie and anything to do with it. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
A prince who was mean and heartless was turned into an ugly beast. He met a beautiful girl named Belle. Belle taught him how to act like a gentleman. This classic story can teach children to be kind to others. I loved this story and movie as a child. ( )
  mburgess | Sep 9, 2012 |
Great classic fairy tale as told in the Disney film Beauty and the Beast. The illustrations in the story are from the movie so children will be able to bring the book to life. I have this book in my personal library. Great book for children of all ages. ( )
  lmckeon | Jul 7, 2012 |
The book starts as a girl who gets lost in the wood when she goes to look her father that got lost. She finds a house and finds that he is there under the capture of a beast. In order to save her father she gives the beast her service in trade for her father to be free. Eventually they fall in love, and he is broken for a long time spell that was cast on him by a witch. Him falling in love allowed the spell to be broken and he turned back into the handsome prince he once was and they lived happily ever after.

I loved this book as a kid and even now. It is an intriguing story and can easily capture a readers attention. I find it to be a very easy read. I am just in love with it.

When used in a classroom it could be used in the teaching of folktales or fairytales. It could also be used to help kids understand that no matter what you look like, as long as you are kind people will always love you!
  BriannaCrawford | Sep 24, 2011 |

Teddy Slaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dias, RonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gonzalez, RicIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Through her great capacity to love, a kind and beautiful maid releases a handsome prince from the spell which has made him an ugly beast.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,369,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible