Disney's Beauty and the Beast (A Little…

Disney's Beauty and the Beast (A Little Golden Book)

by Teddy Slater

Other authors: Ron Dias (Illustrator), Ric Gonzalez (Illustrator)

Series: A Little Golden Book

I really like beauty and the beast because it is a great book to teach freindship and compassion. I love the personification that occurs in this book, that along with using it to teach to folkloare would be the two main reasons I would have this book in my classroom. I think that this book is suitable for 1st/2nd grade because of the lexile, the students would need this book to be read with an adult, because it is not a book that they will be able to read on their own. ( )
  rachelpelston | Apr 29, 2016 |
I have always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast. It was my mother's favorite book and movie, so I was introduced to it at an early age. I would use this book as a read aloud to a first grade classroom. The students would be too young to read it on their own, but they would understand the story if it was being read to them. I would read this book to them and briefly explain what fiction is and how it differs from non-fiction. I would then have the students watch the movie, I would play the movie in class. And at the end of the movie I would have the students write about both the book and the movie. I would teach them about Venn-diagrams and have them compare and contrast the book and the movie.
  AnnaTaylor | Mar 28, 2016 |
This is one of my favorite stories from when I was younger. I love the storyline of how Belle makes the Beast kind and they befriend one another. I also loved the illustrations such as the dancing scene when Belle is in her yellow dress. The other characters also interact so well with one another it makes reading this book so enjoyable. I think the big idea is to show kindness to all people regardless of how they treating you at the current moment. ( )
  StephanieWeiner | Nov 17, 2014 |
I just love this movie and anything to do with it. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
A prince who was mean and heartless was turned into an ugly beast. He met a beautiful girl named Belle. Belle taught him how to act like a gentleman. This classic story can teach children to be kind to others. I loved this story and movie as a child. ( )
  mburgess | Sep 9, 2012 |

Teddy Slaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dias, RonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gonzalez, RicIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Through her great capacity to love, a kind and beautiful maid releases a handsome prince from the spell which has made him an ugly beast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible