Beauty and the Beast (Disney Beauty and the…

Beauty and the Beast (Disney Beauty and the Beast) (Little Golden Book)

by Teddy Slater

Other authors: Ron Dias (Illustrator), Ric Gonzalez (Illustrator)

I just love this movie and anything to do with it. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
A prince who was mean and heartless was turned into an ugly beast. He met a beautiful girl named Belle. Belle taught him how to act like a gentleman. This classic story can teach children to be kind to others. I loved this story and movie as a child. ( )
  mburgess | Sep 9, 2012 |
Great classic fairy tale as told in the Disney film Beauty and the Beast. The illustrations in the story are from the movie so children will be able to bring the book to life. I have this book in my personal library. Great book for children of all ages. ( )
  lmckeon | Jul 7, 2012 |
The book starts as a girl who gets lost in the wood when she goes to look her father that got lost. She finds a house and finds that he is there under the capture of a beast. In order to save her father she gives the beast her service in trade for her father to be free. Eventually they fall in love, and he is broken for a long time spell that was cast on him by a witch. Him falling in love allowed the spell to be broken and he turned back into the handsome prince he once was and they lived happily ever after.

I loved this book as a kid and even now. It is an intriguing story and can easily capture a readers attention. I find it to be a very easy read. I am just in love with it.

When used in a classroom it could be used in the teaching of folktales or fairytales. It could also be used to help kids understand that no matter what you look like, as long as you are kind people will always love you!
  BriannaCrawford | Sep 24, 2011 |
"Beauty and the Beast" tells of a father who was on a long trip away from home and stopped at a castle. As he was leaving, he picked a white rose for his daughter. Just as he picked the rose, a beast jumped out of the bushes and demanded he bring Beauty to him, or would die. Beauty ended up falling in love with the Beast. When she married him, he turned into a prince.

For some reason this is a tale that children seem to enjoy very much. I personally am not very fond of this story, only because it is silly and could never happen. However, it does remind me of watching the Disney movie of this tale as a child.

To incorporate this book into the classroom, I would allow my students to watch the Disney film of "Beauty and the Beast" in class, and compare and contrast the book and movie. I would also let them vote on which they like better. ( )
  bbohard | Sep 16, 2010 |

Teddy Slaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dias, RonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gonzalez, RicIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Through her great capacity to love, a kind and beautiful maid releases a handsome prince from the spell which has made him an ugly beast.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:03 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,328,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible