Faerie Blood by Angela Korra'ti

Faerie Blood (2009)

by Angela Korra'ti

186561,019 (4)2
    Born to Run by Mercedes Lackey (fastfinge)
    fastfinge: More somewhat similar urban fantasy.

Very nice - looking forward to reading the next one

Liked the characters. Fun and easy to read; took me just three days in my spare time. Lots of possibilities for future book plots. ( )
  Firesmith | Dec 22, 2016 |
Oh, I like! Nice in media res start (though we never do find out exactly what triggered her...). Great characters, fascinating take on faerie and others. I really like Kendis - I thought the variations in her name would be more protective than they were, but the effect they did have was very interesting. A lot of complicated motivations, but Kendris and Christopher are relatively straightforward (which I prefer - I dislike both manipulators and unreliable narrators). She does have, possibly, a slightly too soft heart... I knew there was a sequel, but didn't get it because I wanted to be sure I was interested. Went and bought it as soon as I finished this story, and I'll be keeping an eye out for her other series. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Mar 25, 2016 |
I bought this book on a Fictionwise sale last year, and for a number of reasons ( primarily getting a bit burned out on Urban Fantasy) I didn't read it until now. I am glad I finally read it, though.

This was an enjoyable read. When I started reading it felt like I was walking next to Kendis as she struggled to adapt to the fact that trolls, elves and magic existed. The Seattle setting was detailed and added to the feeling that I was a silent witness to the havoc that elves and magic wrought on Seattle.

As she struggled to stop the Elves, Kendis met several interesting characters. There is Christopher and his struggle with his own powers. Millicent, with her gruff facade. Elessir... with a twisted kind of honor.

The plot was fast paced and filled with unexpected twists. And I couldn't stop reading, I had to know if Kendis managed to defeat the Elves Unfortunately, after the final battle, I lost interest. I finished to book, but some of the things that happened felt both logical and over the top. ( A paradox, I know.)

Still this was a well written novel with a cast of intriguing characters, and I'll definitely read the sequel. ( )
  Mikaela_l | Sep 21, 2013 |
Kindle $4.76 ( )
  glitrbug | Mar 30, 2013 |
Kindle $4.76 ( )
  glitrbug | Mar 30, 2013 |
I was on my way home from work, biking along the Burke-Gilman trail, when a troll decided to eat my face.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible