Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider)…

Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider) (edition 2006)

by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston (Adapter), Kanako Damerum (Illustrator), Yuzuru Takasaki (Illustrator)

Member:JogenP
Title:Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider)
Authors:Anthony Horowitz
Other authors:Antony Johnston (Adapter), Kanako Damerum (Illustrator), Yuzuru Takasaki (Illustrator)
Info:Philomel (2006), Paperback, 144 pages

Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel by Anthony Horowitz

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer (missmaddie)
    missmaddie: If you liked the books, you will love the graphic novels. They are just as action-packed and entertaining as the originals.
    Fledgling: Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper (jackcolinconnor)

The first in the Alex Rider series. Takes a young teenager (14 years old) and turns him into James Bond. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
14 year old Alex Rider finds himself thrust into the life of a spy after his uncle dies in this graphic novel adaptation of Anthony Horowitz's novel of the same name.

Though the story of Alex and his adventures infiltrating the labs of an evil computer genius is an engaging and amusing one, it doesn't smoothly translate into the graphic novel format. The pacing feels off, with many aspects of the story rushed so that every plot-point could fit into the shorter volume. Additionally, the manga-style art with its thin lines and muted colors seems mismatched to the story, which would find a better fit in the art style used in most superhero comics.

Readers would be better off seeking Horowitz's original. Not recommended. ( )
  ejmeloche | Dec 2, 2012 |
I enjoy Alex Rider and his adventures. Alex saves English students from the evils of stormbreaker an invention by a mad man (Darrius Sayle) who can't get over being bullied at school. ( )
  AngieMargi | Aug 29, 2012 |
High-paced action, amazing thrills, intense action. That is comes to my mind when I think of the amazing world of Alex Rider that Anthony Horowitz created. This comic was based off the first book in the series, Stormbreaker, and it is still my favorite one. This comic, in my candid opinion, was rubbish.

While the illustrations were indeed spectactular, they change the book to much. I understand the amount of work it takes to condense an entire novel into a graphic counterpart, but come on people! They add characters that don't come in until later books! Entire places and events that shouldn't even exist! It is killing the storyline. I prefer to just picture the events in my mind, not be limited by another man's shoddy interpretation.

I am yet to be impress by a graphic novel. I honestly am. I don't recommend this comic, go obtain the actual book and experience it for yourself! ( )
  ctmswebr | Dec 21, 2011 |
As far as a graphic novels go, this one is good - it is likely to appeal to its target audience (teen boys/reluctant readers). As is the case of most graphics, the original Stormbreaker story has been condensed to fit into a graphic novel but it more or less follows the novel. If you don't mind a few good parts being left out, then this is a good book. ( )
  cvosshans | Dec 1, 2009 |

Horowitz, Anthonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnston, Antonymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Damerum, KanakoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Takasaki, YuzuruIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

They have become a phenomenon. The Alex Rider adventures are now bestsellers the world over, and the book that started it all, Stormbreaker, is soon to be a major motion picture. Now is your chance to see this book visualized in a brand-new format, with bold, edgy, manga-like illustrations that bring Alex Rider to life in a way not seen before. For existing fans of the series, this graphic novel will be a must-have; for those yet to discover Stormbreaker, this will be the perfect introduction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:38 -0400)

Soon to be a major motion picture, this very first Alex Rider adventure, featuring manga-like illustrations, follows a fourteen-year-old boy, who, after the death of the uncle who had been his guardian, is coerced into continuing his uncle's dangerous work for Britain's intelligence agency, MI6. Original.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,215,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible