A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

A Walk to Remember (1999)

by Nicholas Sparks (Author)

Recently added byprivate library, MadihaJ, aivaturi, bookwormamp, Leselinchen, izzycubs932, Sonia91, mararina

English (127)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (129)
I don’t normally watch a movie until I’ve read the book, but it does happen once in a while. This was one of those times. I was surprised that I enjoyed the movie since it’s not usually the type of movie I like. However, I did like it, so I’ve been wanting to read the book ever since.

I’ve finally read it and I have to say that I was disappointed. This might be the first time I’ve liked a movie more than the book. Don’t get me wrong, I did like the book. It was a good read. I gave it three stars because I liked it, but It did almost got two stars. A Walk to Remember is sort of between two stars and three. I thought it was more than just okay, but I didn’t like it as much as the books I normally give three stars to. This is one of those times I wish I did half stars. Three stars seems to be normal for his books. This was my third one and they all seem to get three stars. I like them, but I don’t love them. They are good, but kind of forgettable.

I will continue to read more by Nicholas Sparks, but I will be getting his books from the library. I can’t see myself buying this book or any of his others, unless I find them super cheap. I also wont be reading them that often.

Note: This is an older review. So I don’t feel like I can get more into what I liked and disliked about it. Maybe someday I will re-read A Walk to Remember and do another review. Better reviews (hopefully) in the future. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Jun 21, 2015 |
Estoy convencida de que cualquier porquerìa con Natalia Oreiro tiene màs profundidad y es màs realista que ESTO .

Si , ESTO . Sè que muchos creen que es un libro pero TENGAN CUIDADO , porque en realidad cuando lo abrìs , vas a ver algo asì:

Nicholas Sparks es el mejor escritor romàntico de nuestros tiempos

Y asì sucesivamente durante 300 pàginas . Este , si bien tengo entendido , es mas o menos el mismo mètodo que tienen las canciones de Ricardo Arjona , sòlo que con un mensaje subliminal hablado .

BEWARE!! ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This book is one of my all time favorites. It reflects the journey of a young girl, Jamie, dealing with going from a innocent, shy girl to the girlfriend of a popular boy, Landon. Though it takes a while, they build a relationship like no other. They face many trials and tribulations but none measure up to Jamie's battle with leukemia. Landon stays by her side and tries to be strong for her. When the Jamie's battle with cancer ends, Landon is heartbroken. He knows that his love for Jamie will never die. This book is so heart wrenching, but it is such a great one and I would recommend it to anyone 5th grade and up. ( )
  Hhaddad1 | Apr 30, 2015 |
just another love story where the theme is a rip off from the love story by erich seagal... although the writing style is pretty good...bt stilll its the same old story...it was like jst reading a differnt version of love story...nothing new... ( )
  abhidd1687 | Mar 26, 2015 |
A Walk To Remember
A Book Review By Marcella Leonard-Jackson
“Have you ever noticed that things seem so easy for everyone else?” They know all the right people, they have all the cool clothes, they get invited to all the BEST parties; and you’re just left there on the outside. Jamie Sullivan is a 17 year old girl who doesn’t have cool clothes, is never asked to parties, and no one really wants to hang around her. Her father is the town reverend, she carries around a bible and does lots of charity work for orphans, pet shelters etc. 17 year old Landon Carter comes from a wealthy family, and his relationship with his dad is strictly a paycheck to the family every month. His dad is a Congressman in North Carolina and three fourths of the month lives in Washington D.C. Landon is no different from the others. He thinks Jamie is weird, but as President of the school he is required to attend all school functions including the first school dance of the year. When Landon is running out of time to find a date he looks in the yearbook to find a girl, and unfortunately for him the only one available was Jamie. Jamie gladly accepts and she actually turns out to be the best date Landon could’ve asked for. Jamie takes a liking to Landon and asks him to be in her father’s annual play “The Christmas Angel”, that is always sold out. Although reluctant, Landon accepts knowing his friends will tease him for being in the play. Landon begins to walk Jamie home after rehearsal routinely; but one day his friends see him and tease him. He becomes so embarrassed for hanging out with Jamie that he tells her off. The night of the play Jamie is beautifully dressed and Landon for the first time in forever sees how pretty she really is. They spent Christmas Eve at the Orphanage, and that day Landon Realized that he had fallen in love with Jamie. On New Years Landon and Jamie go to dinner and Landon finally tells her he’s in love with her. Jamie responds with “you can’t be in love with me!” Landon is confused and asks for a reason for her response. When she tells him he falls even more in love with her and does everything in his power to make her happy.
Nicholas Sparks is an amazing author who has many successful books. His words simply draw you in and make you feel the emotions of the characters. He lets you know that love is the most amazing thing in the world, that you should cherish time with your loved ones, and that you should never judge something for the outer appearance because it could end up being the greatest thing that ever happened to you. I recommend this book for everyone who can either read or listen, because I think everyone will enjoy the heart and values that “A Walk To Remember” has to offer.
  Leonard24 | Feb 4, 2015 |

Sparks, NicholasAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bouchareine, ChristineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Honkasaari, LiisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Petrelli, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When I was seventeen, my life changed forever.

What a valuable lesson this novel serves to teach. Those who may be different from us, status or otherwise, can be the most wonderful people to know.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446693804, Paperback)

In the prologue to his latest novel, Nicholas Sparks makes the rather presumptuous pledge "first you will smile, and then you will cry," but sure enough, he delivers the goods. With his calculated ability to throw your heart around like a yo-yo (try out his earlier Message in the Bottle or The Notebook if you really want to stick it to yourself), Sparks pulls us back to the perfect innocence of a first love.

In 1958 Landon Carter is a shallow but well-meaning teenager who spends most of his time hanging out with his friends and trying hard to ignore the impending responsibilities of adulthood. Then Landon gets roped into acting the lead in the Christmas play opposite the most renowned goody two-shoes in town: Jamie Sullivan. Against his best intentions and the taunts of his buddies, Landon finds himself falling for Jamie and learning some central lessons in life.

Like John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany, Sparks maintains a delicate and rarely seen balance of humor and sentiment. While the plot may not be the most original, this boy-makes-good tearjerker will certainly reel in the fans. Look for a movie starring beautiful people or, better yet, snuggle under the covers with your tissues nearby and let your inner sap run wild. --Nancy R.E. O'Brien

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:06 -0400)

Every April, when the wind smells of both the sea and lilacs, Landon Carter remembers 1958, his last year at Beaufort High. Landon had dated a girl or two, and even once sworn that he'd been in love. Certainly the last person he thought he'd fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the shy, almost ethereal daughter of the town's Baptist minister ... Jamie, who was destined to show him the depths of the human heart--and the joy and pain of living.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,407,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible