A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

A Walk to Remember (original 1999; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:Kiki5211
Title:A Walk to Remember
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2004), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 224 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Fiction, Romance, Drama

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (1999)

English (142)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  English (144)
I read this about 10 years ago. As a general rule, I try to stay away from sappy, depressing, romance-y novels. They're just not my thing. No Sparks, no Picoult, no Roberts. I do remember this story being exactly what I expected: sappy, depressing but also a little touching. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
My all time favorite romance book. Very sad and very loving context in the book that will get the reader to continue reading the book and rereading it multiple times. ( )
  Nawras13 | Oct 23, 2016 |
If you enjoyed reading the notebook, this book is much the same. It is an easy read and a touching small town story about a 17 year old boy who falls in love with a girl he has known all his life, but never noticed. ( )
  celesteporche | Sep 29, 2016 |
Admittedly not as good as the first time I read it in sixth grade, but this teenage sick-lit romance (spoiler!) still kinda holds up. I honestly almost like the movie better than I do the book. Which is blasphemous I know. But the modern day version of it is more intriguing than the 50's version that takes place in the book. Long before John Green there was Lurlene McDaniels and Nicholas Sparks writing "sick-lit" romances that made teenagers cry, this is a prime example. The bad boy falls for the good girl, and he later finds out (spoiler!) that she's dying. A sappy tear jerker that will always be popular. ( )
  ecataldi | Jun 22, 2016 |
2015 Rating System: 5
  ZetherBooks | Jun 15, 2016 |

Sparks, Nicholasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bouchareine, ChristineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Honkasaari, LiisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Petrelli, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When I was seventeen, my life changed forever.

What a valuable lesson this novel serves to teach. Those who may be different from us, status or otherwise, can be the most wonderful people to know.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446693804, Paperback)

In the prologue to his latest novel, Nicholas Sparks makes the rather presumptuous pledge "first you will smile, and then you will cry," but sure enough, he delivers the goods. With his calculated ability to throw your heart around like a yo-yo (try out his earlier Message in the Bottle or The Notebook if you really want to stick it to yourself), Sparks pulls us back to the perfect innocence of a first love.

In 1958 Landon Carter is a shallow but well-meaning teenager who spends most of his time hanging out with his friends and trying hard to ignore the impending responsibilities of adulthood. Then Landon gets roped into acting the lead in the Christmas play opposite the most renowned goody two-shoes in town: Jamie Sullivan. Against his best intentions and the taunts of his buddies, Landon finds himself falling for Jamie and learning some central lessons in life.

Like John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany, Sparks maintains a delicate and rarely seen balance of humor and sentiment. While the plot may not be the most original, this boy-makes-good tearjerker will certainly reel in the fans. Look for a movie starring beautiful people or, better yet, snuggle under the covers with your tissues nearby and let your inner sap run wild. --Nancy R.E. O'Brien

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:06 -0400)

Every April, when the wind smells of both the sea and lilacs, Landon Carter remembers 1958, his last year at Beaufort High. Landon had dated a girl or two, and even once sworn that he'd been in love. Certainly the last person he thought he'd fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the shy, almost ethereal daughter of the town's Baptist minister ... Jamie, who was destined to show him the depths of the human heart--and the joy and pain of living.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,716,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible