Hide & Seek by James Patterson

Hide & Seek (1996)

by James Patterson

1,633None4,458 (3.46)16

English (11)  French (1)  All languages (12)
Blah, blah, blah, talk, talk, talk, whine, whine, whine.

After the fourth (or fifth?) time hearing, "This is my story, and I will tell it from the beginning because I know you want to know," all I could think about was that country song that went "A little less talk and a lot more action".

I like the author's other stuff (the Cross books), so I'm not going to give up. This one, though, didn't pass the 50 page/30 minute test. ( )
  FiberBabble | Mar 30, 2013 |
The story of “Hide & Seek” was not bad but it was not great either. The book will definitely keep you reading. It is a page turner, quick and entertaining (thank God, for that!)

I did not like Maggie Bradford as I did not connect with her. As I kept reading I kept telling myself “Oh, she is the bad one. I know that” and then enters Will. He did not have an iota of goodness in him, so any chance of liking him was already washed away. Although there were a few characters who were interesting none of them stayed long enough or made an impression.

“Hide & Seek” was yet another James Patterson book I picked up in haste. He continues to remain my favorite author but he has churned out some “not-so-good” books and unfortunately this is one of them. A 3 on 5 and the story would have been a hit if only it had better characters. ( )
  kavyen | Feb 27, 2011 |
Songtress Maggie Bradford is accused is murdering not one husband but two.. A good thriller with a surpise ending. ( )
  JeanneMarkert | Nov 11, 2010 |
story was actually quite good. too much sex. unbelievable that will wasn't having sex with the daughter. the rest quite good ( )
  mahallett | Jun 6, 2010 |
This was such a tame book. Even by Patterson standards. Much more like a Harlequin Romance than a mystery. Definitely disappointing. ( )
  debavp | Feb 15, 2010 |

It was the trial that electrified the world. Not only because of the defendant, Maggie Bradford, the woman whose songs captivated the world's heart. Not only because of the victim, Will Shepard, the world's most glamorous athlete. But also because everyone said Maggie had murdered not just one husband, but two. And because in Maggie's world--the world she feared and despised but could not escape, the world of the powerful, the rich, and the ruthless--both death and life could never be what they seemed.

Maggie Bradford, a successful singer-songwriter and loving mother, is accused of murdering her first husband, an abusive stalker, and her second husband, an irresistible monster, and struggles to escape a nightmarish legacy of terror and violence.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible