Dark Peril by Christine Feehan

This is the sixth book in Christine Feehan's Dark series. I must admit that I am not really into vampire books--Anne Rice's books basically turned me off. So it was with much reluctance I took the plunge and read her first book, Dark Prince and was instantly hooked. I love the way she brings her readers into the world of the Carpathians. The vivid details in each of her books trully brings the readers in and lets them "see" thought the eyes of her characters. But most of all, I love the way her heroines are heroines we as women can be proud of--none of those insipid, shallow, fainting belles--instead she writes of their strength, compassion, kindness and courage.

The story centers on Darius, the brother of Gregori (Dark Magic) and Desari (Dark Challenge).

Within the first 20 pages, I was hooked. Darius meets his newly hired mechanic, Rusti Trine, upon rising after the Dark Troubadours show. Darius is stunned at the colors he sees the emotions he feels, and realizes he is staring at his lifemate. Rusti, also known as Tempest, is a small but feisty red-haired woman who is their auto mechanic. The pursuit begins as Darius proceeds to make Tempest his lifemate.

Tempest is a fiery woman with telepathic skills she communicates with animals and is the only human alive who is readily accepted by the Troubadours 2 leopards. Darius falls in love with her, almost at first sight and the story begins.

Christine Feehan has amazingly created an entire race that is fasinating to read about and the passion in these books is phenomenal. I doubt I'll ever get tired of this storyline. 5 well-earned stars. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
So glad I'm doing these as library books. Its okay, but I think probably near the end of the series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
This was by far my least favorite of the Christine Feehan's Carpathian Dark Series. To me it was very repetitive and predictable. The surprising twists at the end were its saving grace that caused me give it 3 stars.

I will continue to read the series as there are several characters I want to follow. As well as the hints that were revealed at the end of Dark Peril. Not to mention I generally do love this series and am not ready to give up on it yet!
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
This is one of the better books in the series, with the very driven and ferocious Solange of the Jaguar race fighting to protect the women of her people. Dominic also proved to be an extremely likable male, and this book is also important to the series story arc. The romance has a lot of the dom/sub thing going on, but in a saner and less obnoxious way than when it shows up in a couple of the other books. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 9, 2015 |
**September 9 - 18 2010** 1st read - 4 Stars

**March 16 - April 5 2012** 2nd read - Audio Book - 5 Stars

Even better the 2nd time but that is probably because I really didn't remember much from the first time. Dominic and Solange are so awesome as individuals and they make a definite super couple. Both are so strong and Dominic is so loving and patient with Solange. She was not the most lovable character in previous books but Dominic truly brings out the best in her. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I was half-alive for a thousand years.

Dominic of the Dragonseeker Carpathians is on a desperate mission, in the very heart of enemy territory. Solange Sangria is one of the last of the jaguar people. She has long been fighting to save women who are able to shift from the hands of the man who slaughtered her family and everyone she loved-her own father. They are two warriors who have lived their lives alone. Now, a the end of their time, they find each other, a complication neither saw coming.

Dominic of the Dragonseeker Carpathians is on a desperate mission in the heart of enemy territory when he crosses paths with Solange Sangria, the last of the jaguar people, who is trying to save shape-shifting women from her murderous father.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,487,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible