Good News About Injustice: A Witness of…

Good News About Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World (1999)

by Gary A. Haugen

A year 2000 Finalist in the ECPA book competition! The good news about injustice is that God is against it. God is in the business of using the unlikely to accomplish justice and mercy. In this tenth-anniversary edition of Gary Haugen's challenging and encouraging book he offers stories of courageous Christians who have stood up for justice in the face of human trafficking, forced prostitution, racial and religious persecution, and torture. This expanded edition brings up to date his work in calling for the body of Christ to act. Throughout, he provides concrete guidance on how ordinary Christians can rise up to seek justice throughout the world.
  OCMCCP | Jan 9, 2018 |
Anyone who knows me knows that I’m passionate about the International Justice Mission and their work to fight injustice in this world. I went to their 2010 prayer gathering back in April, and was blown away by the passion and commitment of the people in the organization. If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed and discouraged about the plight of human trafficking, this book is for you. Not only does Haugen explain the reasons behind the problem and the oppression, he offers tangible ways for the everyday reader to get involved. Yes, most of the work is being done by established organizations with resources such as IJM, but there are ways to get involved. He doesn’t shy away from specifics, and much of it is hard to read. Haugen is a Christian, and he backs up his reasons for pursuing justice with Biblical quotes (Micah 6:8, for example). But the message extends so far beyond the church, I highly recommend it for, well, everyone. There are more slaves in the world today than at any other point in history. This is everyone’s problem. And if we each do a little but, we can greatly relieve the suffering of so many.

Read my full review here: http://letseatgrandpa.com/2010/06/22/42-good-news-about-injustice-by-gary-haugen... ( )
  letseatgrandpa | Jul 13, 2010 |
Excellent read for Christians on their role in dealing with injustice. Recommend to all. ( )
  teamferrara | Mar 14, 2007 |
For my father and mother
I remember looking up from my newspaper during my bus ride to work one morning in the fall of 1994 and finding everything oddly in place.

The world around us hurting. The stories presented to us from those hurting in countries such as Rwanda, Pakistani, and others will reveal to us the injustices placed on individuals from children to adults alike. The question raised in this text is, how can we as Christians bring hope to these individuals? This author of this text reveals to us the answer to this question. He provides for us strategies as to how we can witness to those who are hurting.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:41 -0400)

The good news about injustice is that God is against it. God is in the business of using the unlikely to accomplish justice and mercy. In this tenth-anniversary edition of Gary Haugen's challenging and encouraging book he offers stories of courageous Christians who have stood up for justice in the face of human trafficking, forced prostitution, racial and religious persecution, and torture. This expanded edition brings up to date his work in calling for the body of Christ to act. Throughout, he provides concrete guidance on how ordinary Christians can rise up to seek justice throughout the world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,425,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible