Sandman #1 by Neil Gaiman

Sandman #1

by Neil Gaiman

2000s (1) 2007 (1) adult (1) American (1) book (1) borrowed (1) Buy (1) comic (5) comic book (1) comic books (1) comics (3) DC Comics (2) dreams (1) ebook (5) Engelstalig (1) ESL (1) fantasy (3) fiction (4) gothic (1) graphic novel (10) horror (5) illustration (1) Kindle (4) mythology (1) Neil Gaiman (2) read (1) sandman (4) sff (1) supernatural (1) to-read (8)

This is an entertaining comic with excellent artwork. Still, it can't compare with the experience of reading a really good novel. The story, necessarily given the plot, takes place over a long period of time, and as such lacks the claustrophobic feeling that is a plus to so many horror stories. ( )
  datrappert | Aug 6, 2013 |
  datrappert | Aug 2, 2013 |
I don't have a lot to say about this. I read only the first issue because I found a Kindle edition of it for free. I was unimpressed and confused. I think the whole graphic novel thing is just a little outside of my range of ability. I don't want to necessarily say that I'll never come back and read the rest of this series, but I'm certainly done for now. Although I originally rated this lowly, I think the problems I experienced with this story were my fault, not the novel's, and so I've adjusted the score to reflect the quality of the novel itself, not my experience. ( )
  CayenneEllis | Jul 30, 2013 |
This was my first time really reading a comic, and I have to say it's a very different experience than reading books. The artwork was wonderful, and I loved the story line. Can't wait to start the second issue tomorrow. Highly recommended ( )
  Nazgullie | Dec 29, 2012 |
4 books compilation
  yfngoh | Apr 8, 2010 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,012,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible