True Blue by David Baldacci

by David Baldacci

Member:Kanhaiya_Arora
Title:True Blue
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 464 pages

True Blue by David Baldacci

English (46)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (48)
In this start to a new series (I hope) Mace Perry has just been released from prison. She was incarcertated under the worst possible scenario … falsely accused and a cop in jail. But she survived, got physically and emtionally stronger and is now out to clear her name. With the help of her Chief of Police sister Beth, she sets out to do just that.

I enjoy action thrillers and Mr. Baldacci just never disappoints. His books have enough car crashes and shoot ‘em up scenes to keep action junkies happy. His books also have characters that are quirky enough to become endearing (ala Camel Club) and he keeps his nasty characters nasty! I like that. I’ve read a few unfavourable reviews for this book commenting that the scenarios are unrealistic. To those few I say, tsk tsk if you must, suspend your beliefs for a little while and enjoy the ride!

I listened to this book on audio and cannot finish this review without kudos to Ron McLarty. He is probably one of my favourite readers.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
READ IN DUTCH

I had read a few books by David Baldacci, and thought they were OK, but this book disappointed me a bit.

The 'strong' female main character -who's only just released out of prison after being convicted for murder - is just so annoying!

The story itself, wasn't really anything special either. I must have read multiple books like this, and in the end it al become a bit of a blur. ( )
  Floratina | Jan 4, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
A very good drama and thriller demonstrating the dark side of national security! Loved the characters –Mace Perry, kidnapped and drugged and spent two years in prison, losing everything including her badge. She is determined to solve the case and find her way back on the force. Her sister Beth is the police chief which cannot help her, while others have their own agenda to send Mace back to prison.

Loved Roy Kingman-- a young lawyer (past college basketball player), who aids the poor and discovers a dead body (one of the law partners-Diane) at his firm in the refrigerator. In addition, at the beginning Jamie Malden is also killed and they need to find the connection. Roy and Mace begin their secret investigation to uncover these secrets of the national capital. Along with way came colorful characters (the Captain-homeless vet and his Twinkies, Razor, and more) which gave the story some humor and some romance as well. Again, listened via audio and the sound effects and narrator were both excellent.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I struggled with this, though I did finish it. I just found the characters annoying and the plot even more unbelievable than thrillers normally are. ( )
  infjsarah | Sep 18, 2013 |
"True Blue" is an absorbing thriller with a powerful message, but readers are most likely to remember it for its superbly appealing protagonist. Perry is smart and street-tough, and her eye for the telling detail in an investigation is unerring. Let's hope she appears in a new Baldacci title soon. From a reader's perspective, it could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Baldacci deftly ties [the] storylines together with a well-written and complex plot that will keep readers guessing at every turn. Hopefully, Mace and Roy will have an opportunity to turn up in a future Baldacci novel, as he has truly created some thoroughly engaging characters his fans will want to see more of.

To Scott & Natasha and Veronic & Mike, part of my family and four of the coolest people I know
Jamie Meldon rubbed his eyes vigoously, but when he stared back at the computer screen it was still no good.
False Accuse by David Baldacci is the Italian version to True Blue. They should be combined.

A former Washington D.C. police cop out to prove herself and a young lawyer from aprestigious law firm meet after he discovers the dead body of a female partner at the firm. As they investigate the death, they start uncovering surprising secrets from both the private and public world of the nation's capital--and what began as a fairly routine homicide takes a terrifying and unexpected turn into something complex, diabolical, and possibly lethal.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,145,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible