If He's Sinful by Hannah Howell

If He's Sinful (edition 2009)

by Hannah Howell

196786,049 (3.93)None
Member:kkorak
Title:If He's Sinful
Authors:Hannah Howell
Info:Zebra Books (2009), Hardcover

If He's Sinful by Hannah Howell

Starts out with a good attention grabber and keeps my attention throughout. I liked the sense of family and friends working together to fight the seedy side. Lord Ashton is spending the night before his betrothal in a brothel where he is given Penelope who he finds has been drugged.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I love all Hannah Howell books, this one was good!! I really enjoyed reading it!! ( )
  samanthaclanton.7013 | Jan 15, 2014 |
I'm really glad to see Howell moving away from her Murray series and into new territory. Though I am concerned that she's planning to exchange one large, eccentric family for another.

I enjoyed this for the most part. I was annoyed that the characters seemed to act so slowly, for it's obvious early on who the villain is. even so, I understood their reasons - they couldn't act without proof. It just seemed it took them a rather long time to realize they needed to get it.

Penelope was a typical Howell heroine - strong and feisty. I really enjoyed her.

Ashton was somewhat of a stick-in-the-mud, but I think that worked within the context of the story.

Although there are many dark elements, the novel is lightened by Penelope's brothers and cousins. I really want to read about the rest of Ashton's friends, especially Brant.

************

I re-read this after reading the 3rd book, If He's Wild, and enjoyed it even more the second time. Ashton didn't seem quite so staid in this book, and Penelope's large family cracked me up. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Better then the first one a definate fairytale romance ( )
  Fairydragonstar | Mar 30, 2013 |
"Absoutly amazing! I started this book when I got home from work and it held me captive till the last page at 1am this morning ( )
  historicalbooklover | Dec 7, 2010 |

Hannah Howellprimary authorall editionscalculated
MacNab, AshfordReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

When he finds Penelope Wherlocke lying drugged and helpless in a brothel, Lord Ashton Radmoor becomes determined to protect the innocent beauty, whose gift of second sight has led her into a world of treachery and betrayal.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,613,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible