The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

The Eternity Code

by Eoin Colfer

Series: Artemis Fowl (3)

After Artemis uses stolen fairy technology to create a powerful microcomputer and it is snatched by a dangerous American businessman, Artemis, Juliet, Mulch, and the fairies join forces to try to retrieve it.

English (74)  German (3)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (79)
The last time I read The Eternity Code, I was a sophomore in high school. All I remembered about this novel was the very beginning – Artemis and Butler meeting an investor. So, of course, what happened two chapters later was a complete surprise.

The Eternity Code gets us back to the con. Artemis shines the most when he’s plotting something, and in this novel, there’s a lot at stake. In return for the LEP’s assistance in retrieving a sensitive piece of (faerie) technology, Artemis agrees to a complete mind wipe.

Yes, loves, that means this is the end of the journey for Artemis and Holly, and just when their friendship is starting to blossom.

(Or course, we know now there are five more books in this series, so something must happen in book four. Nonetheless, join me for this journey.)

Artemis’s growth is slow and subtle, and it’s easy to fall in love with him as he slowly grows from a cold-hearted child to a a young genius with friends and a future. Does that future include criminal enterprises? Um, of course! This is Artemis Fowl after all. Artemis and Holly are a well oiled machine in this one. When the group splits up, Artemis and Holly move together almost effortlessly. It’s fantastic.

Still, what I appreciated the most about this book wasn’t Artemis and Holly. It was Juliet. My memories of Juliet throughout the entire series is vague, so I was surprised to find in rereading it that Juliet is an interesting character trying to find the place where she fits in this world. I like her ferocity and individuality. There’s even a hint of a potential friendship between Holly and Juliet that just misses, like two ships passing on a quiet sea. Really good character, and I’ll be watching her more closely in the rest of the series.

The plot of this one is my favorite so far, and it’s the first that really stands alone as a complete story rather than a small chapter. I like a good con as well – this feels like a fantasy version of Ocean’s Eleven, complete with a grand reveal, which is super fun. The villain is a properly villainous bad guy, with too much confidence and no cares for anyone or anything around him. The perfect comic book-style villain, and fantastic for the middle grade book.

If The Eternity Code had been the end of the series, it would have been a great end. But luckily for us, there five more books. Forward, we go! ( )
  Morteana | Oct 6, 2018 |
I really liked this series. From what I remember.
I need to read it again. It's been so long and there are so many more books in the series. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
Yet another enjoyable outing in the life of the teenage criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. Artemis is starting to grow up now and there were definitely some more emotionally heavy moments. This time Artemis has been outsmarted by a mind almost as dastardly as his own, he has risked the exposure of the fairy world and it could well mean the end of his adventures with The People.

I have now reached the point in this tale I had when I was 14 and will be venturing into The Opal Deception blind, here is hoping the series continues to be outstanding! ( )
  LiteraryReadaholic | Apr 20, 2017 |
Hello, reader
Today I will be reviewing and summarizing Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
Summary
At first artemis has gone to a business meeting with John Spiro, a very dangerous man with money and power. As the meeting goes on Artemis shows Spiro the C Cube, the C Cube is a micro-computer that can hack into almost anything ( this technology was stolen from the fairies).Spiro gets a little suspicious that Artemis is bluffing so Artemis shows hima live goverment camera feed. Artemis also mentions that it is not for sale, only rent for a short amount of time. At the end of the meeting, Spiro outsmarts Artemis, then Arno Blunt ( Spiro’s Bodyguard) shoots butler in the stomach, this injures Butler very bad, Butler ends up dying, but with the help of Holly (A fellow Farie) she heals Butler.Later on the Farie world gets hijacked because Spiro accidentally presses a button on the Chip, this causes all farie technology to be shut down.In order for the Fairie tech do reboot and get back online, the fairies and Artemis team up and infultrate Spiros house hold to get the C Cube back and restore power to the faires. This mission succeeded and the fairies erased the memories of the experience from Spiro

Review
I love this book because there is a lot of action, suspense, and fantasy, And i love action, suspense, and fantasy………...First, There is a lot of suspense such as healing dead bodies. For example, when Holly was healing butler there was a little to none chance that Butler would live the procedure,
Secondly, there is a lot of action such as gunfights. For example, when having the meeting with Spiro at the end there was a gunfight , it was very brutal because it was 10 against 1, but Butler prevailed, but at the very last second he was shot.
Lastly, there is a lot of fantasy such as unknown races. For example there are the superior, all-smart fairies,dumb, evil Goblins, and the ambitious Dwarfs. In conclusion this is why i love this book and recommend it to all of you readers out there
  DiegoK.B1 | Mar 21, 2017 |
As always, I loved getting lost in the world Eoin Colfer created for this series. I still think the first book in the series is the best, but I still adored this one. It had twists and turns (Butler!!!) and kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved it so much. I would recommend this book and series. 5 out of 5 stars, easily. Can't wait to start the next one! ( )
  Beammey | Feb 13, 2016 |

Parker, NathanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ragusa, AngelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vroege, MireilleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the Power family In-laws and Outlaws
EXERPT FROM ARTEMIS FOWL'S DIARY. DISK 2. ENCRYPTED. For the past two years my business enterprises have thrived without parental interference.
I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.

Never mess with a boy genius.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141321318, 014133911X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,820,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible