Saving Freedom: We Can Stop America's…

Saving Freedom: We Can Stop America's Slide into Socialism (edition 2009)

by Jim DeMint

Rating:*****
Tags:politics

Saving Freedom: We Can Stop America's Slide into Socialism by Jim DeMint

No reviews

The United States—the world’s great bastion of freedom—is sliding toward socialism. Recent high-profile bailouts show the walls between government and the private sector are getting thinner each day. Federal control now extends in various ways to education, healthcare, financial markets, real estate, businesses, and religion. And as out-of-control government spending and debt increase accordingly, America is drained of the economic and political strength its people fought and worked so hard to achieve. But it isn’t too late to save the land of the free.

Saving Freedom is Senator Jim DeMint’s firsthand account of the unsettling socialist shift—behind-the-scenes actions in Congress that are changing the character of our nation. He illuminates key principles of freedom and how they are being compromised by big government. More important, DeMint lays out a complete action plan to reclaim America’s freedom based on legislation that would reduce debt, fix Social Security, and provide a tax credit for every family to buy health insurance. The plan also emphasizes reversing America’s cultural decline by restoring a strong spirit of God and country.

Endorsements:

Saving Freedom is a new Declaration of Independence, a call for the American people to reclaim America. Jim DeMint's passion for the cause of individual liberty and person"Saving Freedom is a new Declaration of Independence, a call for the American people to reclaim America. Jim DeMint's passion for the cause of individual liberty and personal responsibility is evident in this manifesto. It needs to be read—and acted upon—by every citizen of this republic."

— Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives

"Jim DeMint has delivered a ‘how to’ plan for avoiding a future that we neither want nor deserve. For those of us who want to keep America the ‘land of the free and the home of the brave,’ Saving Freedom is a must read!"

— Oliver North, USMC (Ret.), author of New York Times best seller American Heroes

"Once again, as we did in 1776, Americans must choose between freedom and oppression. In Saving Freedom, Jim DeMint describes the clear and present danger posed by big government - and what we must do to preserve individual liberty and personal responsibility. Every American needs to read this book."

— Sean Hannity, host of the Sean Hannity Radio Show and Hannity's America on FOX News Channel

"It's comforting to know that someone like Jim DeMint is standing in the gap as we see so many of our nation's founding principles eroding. I view Saving Freedom as a blueprint for the effort that all concerned Americans must join to restore and protect the freedoms we depend on."

— Steve Forbes, president and chief executive officer of Forbes and editor-in-chief of Forbes magazine

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:26 -0400)

"U.S. Senator Jim DeMint's firsthand account of the unsettling socialist shift, backed by a complete action plan to reclaim America's freedom based on legislation that would reduce debt, fix Social Security, and provide a tax credit for every family. He also emphasizes reversing America's cultural decline by restoring a strong spirit of faith, family, and freedom"--Dust jacket.… (more)

12 wanted2 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,025,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible