Looking for Luna by Tim Myers

Looking for Luna (edition 2009)

by Tim Myers, Mike Reed, illustrator (Illustrator)

1231,164,980 (3.67)None
On a walk outdoors to locate their "soft-stepping, shining-eyed, milk-lapping" cat, a father and child enjoy watching other felines tumbling in the grass, creeping through flowers, climbing trees, and batting moths.
Member:TMyersStorySong
Title:Looking for Luna
Authors:Tim Myers
Other authors:Mike Reed, illustrator (Illustrator)
Info:Amazon Children's Publishing (2009), Hardcover, 29 pages
Tags:cats, pets, lost pet, kittens, children's book, picture book, children's literature, poetry, children's poetry

Looking for Luna by Tim Myers

Looking for Luna is a delightful tale in verse. A little girl and her dad are walking around their neighborhood looking for their cat. On the way, they encounter many neighborhood cats, all nicely illustrated. They eventually find Luna, who isn’t really lost, just on walkabout.
For a look at the plight of a real lost cat, see Go Home! by Libby Phillips Meggs. Everyone tells James to go home, but he doesn’t have a home anymore. The story recounts all the problems James has, but does have a happy ending. The reading level is a little higher than Looking for Luna. ( )
  WaltNoise | Oct 26, 2013 |
A little girl and her father go looking for their missing cat, Luna. It rhymes and it's cute, but nothing too exciting. Little kids love animals and as a child I knew what it was like walking around the neighborhood looking for our puppy, so many children can relate to it. The illustrations were cute, but simple. Nothing really jumped out at me. ( )
  Klefort | Oct 9, 2012 |
We're after a cat,
a soft-stepping cat,
I'm walking with Dad and we're after a cat...
  TMyersStorySong | Jun 20, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,201,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible