Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Eclipse (2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (3)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (697)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Swedish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (726)
Synopsis
This novel explores Bella's compromise between her love for Edward and her friendship with shape-shifter Jacob Black, along with her dilemma of leaving her mortality behind in a terrorized atmosphere, a result of mysterious vampire attacks in Seattle.

So what do I think?
Another amazing addition to the Twilight series! Make sure you have read New Moon before starting Eclipse or else you won't know what is going on in this book. I couldn't put this book down for the life of me until I had finished reading it. I enjoyed it very much! This series of books is much more leaned towards teens. ( )
  KristyKhaos | Jul 1, 2015 |
A little more action oriented than the last two, but still not enough. It was nice to have more Edward in this book compared to book 2. ( )
  jms001 | Jun 14, 2015 |
It was a phase, that is all I can say. Going back and reading the stories, I can find so many issues with all three of the books. I can only say that it was a phase. Caught up in the movie hype along with the romantic storyline, I can now see why so many people hated this whole series. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 24, 2015 |
I was told that this is where the series really heats up. It didn't.

Meyer wanted to sell this as a great love story, with sacrifice and all that jazz. It's not. The characters are entirely irrational, borderline psychotic, constantly moping or whining, and never seem to grow or adapt from their experiences. In short, they're teenagers - which would be a great story, if the character development, plot arc, and general character interactions made any sense.

It's just not enjoyable to read. Bella defines herself almost solely from the perspective and desires of Edward or Jacob, and takes almost no substantive interest in her future or own desires. Edward is a mincing whiner with a breathtaking control problem. Jacob is downright strange, probably bipolar, and generally a filler character just so Bella isn't forced to spend ALL of her time with Edward. The only person I feel sorry for and seems real is her dad, who has to deal with all of this crap.

The characters are flat and static - there's no complexity to the book. There's no big surprise or reward for finishing it. Hell, if there were an overarching moral or lesson, that would at least be something. But, there's not. Instead, the reader trudges through hundreds of pages of teenage angst and borderline relationship abuse to arrive at the conclusion that Bella, Edward, and Jacob are all insane. ( )
  bdtrump | May 9, 2015 |
Probably my favorite book in the series. Please don't judge these books on the movies. The movies really left a lot out and changed a lot. Really great series! ( )
  AngelaFries | Apr 20, 2015 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Bella Swan on jälleen vaarassa, kun joukkomurhien aalto vavisuttelee Seattlea ja julma vampyyri janoaa kostoa. Kaiken huipuksi hänen on valittava Edwardin rakkauden ja Jacobin ystävyyden välillä, sillä ihmissudet ja vampyyrit eivät tule toimeen keskenään. Ylioppilasjuhlien lähestyessä Bellan on myös tehtävä lopullinen päätös: Elämä vai kuolema? Muutos vampyyriksi vai ihmisenä säilyminen?Epäilyksessä henkilöhahmot ja heidän suhteensa kehittyvät ja saavat uusia ulottuvuuksia. Saamme tietää paljon erityisesti Jacobin tunteista ja ajatuksista, joita lahjakas Edward lukee. Bella on hyvin kiintynyt Jacobiin ja viihtyy tämän seurassa kenties liiankin hyvin. Onko hänkään enää varma tunteistaan? Onhan ihmissusi-Jacobissa sentään jotain inhimillisempää kuin Edwardissa...Epäilys on kolmas osa kuolematonta rakkaustragediaa.

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,922,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible