dismiss

Eclipse (2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (3)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob, a werewolf, and her relationship with Edward, a vampire, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (742)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (2)  German (2)  Finnish (2)  Danish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (773)
yeah, I really like this book. It's great. ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
rating: 1 star

before i start the review, i just ask that everyone go to the truth versus twilight, a site dedicated to debunking the misconceptions about the quileute people in twilight.
despite the series' huge financial success, the quileute tribe has seen none of the revenue, despite being featured heavily in this series, in particular this book, and having stories about their people fabricated. please support native voices!

man if the first book had red flags and the second had red banners, i don't even k n o w what this book had. flashing neon red billboards???

somehow, over the course of this very very boring book, i decided that basically every character except maybe angela was garbage.
-almost immediately edward was cancelled.
-alice was cancelled right after him.
-i was onboard with rosalie until she said what edward was doing was fine and good because it was out of love, and honestly if anyone should've seen how messed up it was it was her.
-bella should honestly just take out a restraining order on jacob.
-charlie was cancelled in the next scene.
-jasper, who i really liked in the first book actually, was cancelled because like...he was in the confederate army, i'm literally unable to get passed that.
-and bella's guilt the e n t i r e b o o k was just too much to handle and was way to repetitive

i literally don't think anything that important happened. the plot can be summed up in like one word because it's totally irrelevant to really...everything other than romance drama that wasn't even really drama until the last maybe 10% of the book because bella "didn't realize" how she felt. most conversations can either be summed up as jacob and edward sizing each other up or bella really really really wanting to bone down with edward. the exposition was clumsy and slow, the writing was mediocre at best, and i was super Yikes about the quileute stories being told.

also there was just a lot of good old fashioned racism in this one. not to mention the imprinting. i literally put down the book for an entire month after reading jacob's defense of that one, like no thank you.

at this point i just want to know how angela and ben are doing. i hope they're doing well and getting good grades. ( )
  bloomingtea | Jun 28, 2020 |
This one did it for me so much more than the first two books, largely because there was more plot/action and less "OH EDWARD I LOVE YOU". ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
  hexenlibrarian | May 19, 2020 |
A vampire's girlfriend is reluctant to distance herself from a werewolf suitor.

3/4 (Good).

Similar to the first book, the quality is inconsistent, but can be great when it's good. It does justify the BS of New Moon. And I appreciate the frequent discussions of Wuthering Heights, to put some of the unhealthy aspects of the series into context. ( )
  comfypants | Feb 24, 2020 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

3 1934

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,972,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible