Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

Member:fairygrl
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 640 pages

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (720)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (2)  Swedish (2)  Finnish (2)  Danish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (750)
This series was my very PNR Romance, I watch the movie with my daughter and was so damn angry and the ending of movie that I decided to buy the books ;-)
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
At this stage, I'm starting to think that I don't "get" this series. It has so many passionate fans but I simply don't see the appeal. I apologise in advance if you're a huge fan of this book but my reviews reflect my own opinions and I just do not like these stories.

While the story did at least lift itself out of the depressive mire that was New Moon, it still suffers from many of its other issues. The book is massively too long and incredibly slow. The first person narrative is more problematic than ever as Bella is removed from most of the action sequences, meaning that the novel builds to an epic battle between vampires and werewolves that occurs entirely off page.

Instead, the bulk of the novel is dialogue. Bella meets with the same handful of characters and has the same conversations. While the last novel made heavy reference to Romeo and Juliet, this time the focus is on Wuthering Heights, which both Bella and Edward both seem to mistakenly feel is a romantic story. The first warning note should be that they relate to Cathy and Heathcliff respectively.

While I would like to say that the story is character driven, this really isn't the case. The only primary character to get any development at all is Edward, who at least grows less objectional as the story progresses. When the novel begins, he is overly controlling and goes out of his way to restrict Bella's movement but he gradually learns that he needs to trust her more and allow her freedom to make her happy.

While this would seem to be a no-brainer to most people, the novel does at least get slightly more bearable after Edward comes to this conclusion. However, the character arc of this story still revolves around petty one-upmanship. The love triangle between Bella, Jacob and Edward is far more pronounce this time around, with many scenes hinging on Edward and Jacob taking jabs at each other to impress Bella. Meanwhile, Bella seems completely self absorbed. While her suicidal tendencies are now gone, she is still an indecisive doormat. She constantly does what the too perfect Edward and the aggravatingly aggressive Jacob tell her to do while never displaying any personality of her own. This frustrated me more than anything.

The secondary cast have also faded to the point where they are no longer really relevant any more. Bella barely interacts with her human friends and the supernatural characters barely appear. While the novel gives the backstories of Rosalie and Jasper, both of these are presented as pure exposition and feel very tacked on. Yet the character I hated most was Charlie. While I used to respect him, his constant pushing of the Bella x Jacob agenda made me loathe him in this novel. At one point, he even congratulates Jake for forcing himself onto Bella. Really, the best way that this story could have ended for me would have been if a meteor had hit Forks.

All in all, this series is really not one for me. At this stage, I'll probably read Breaking Dawn for closure but it's not a series that I'd recommend to others. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | May 6, 2016 |
Eclipse is an overly emotional read for me. Having Bella so scared that she is causing everyone she loves to be in danger. Having her not willing to leave Edward to fight. Having her have to face her feelings for Jacob and subsequently let him go. It's such a roller coaster of emotions. It makes for a very enjoyable read. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Interesting the way old characters get new facets. I'm wishing the next one was already released. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |
LOVE THIS SERIES! I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN! ( )
  welkeral | Mar 20, 2016 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Bella Swan on jälleen vaarassa, kun joukkomurhien aalto vavisuttelee Seattlea ja julma vampyyri janoaa kostoa. Kaiken huipuksi hänen on valittava Edwardin rakkauden ja Jacobin ystävyyden välillä, sillä ihmissudet ja vampyyrit eivät tule toimeen keskenään. Ylioppilasjuhlien lähestyessä Bellan on myös tehtävä lopullinen päätös: Elämä vai kuolema? Muutos vampyyriksi vai ihmisenä säilyminen?Epäilyksessä henkilöhahmot ja heidän suhteensa kehittyvät ja saavat uusia ulottuvuuksia. Saamme tietää paljon erityisesti Jacobin tunteista ja ajatuksista, joita lahjakas Edward lukee. Bella on hyvin kiintynyt Jacobiin ja viihtyy tämän seurassa kenties liiankin hyvin. Onko hänkään enää varma tunteistaan? Onhan ihmissusi-Jacobissa sentään jotain inhimillisempää kuin Edwardissa...Epäilys on kolmas osa kuolematonta rakkaustragediaa.

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,846,788 books! | Top bar: Always visible