Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Stephenie Meyer

30,207None27 (3.92)36
Member:Linnnnie
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2007), Edition: Later Printing, Hardcover, 640 pages
Rating:*****

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

2008 (127) 2009 (96) Bella (91) Edward (86) fantasy (1,144) fiction (1,205) high school (127) horror (134) love (374) novel (70) own (130) paranormal (218) paranormal romance (104) read (311) read in 2008 (86) romance (1,158) series (360) Stephenie Meyer (147) supernatural (186) teen (269) Twilight (311) Twilight Saga (225) Twilight Series (129) urban fantasy (83) vampires (2,715) Washington (115) werewolves (1,003) YA (546) young adult (930) young adult fiction (143)
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (one-horse.library)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (679)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Swedish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (708)
Loved it! I enjoyed every minute, but I was disappointed with the ending. Will there be another book? Mmmm, don't know. I have so many questions though! Will Bella have a special power? What would it be? How did she say goodbye to her parents and explain why she would be disappearing? Where is Jacob going? Are the Voltari going to come and try and get Bella to work for them because of how none of their powers work on her? To many loose ends for me, but the writing and story was great otherwise. :) ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
I was thinking "get to the point" so many times :/ ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |
this book got off to a much slower start but the last 1/3 was a good read. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
Bello anche questo. Nonostante sia più che altro un libro "di passaggo" devo dire che l'ho trovato bello quanto i precedenti. Lo chiamo di passaggio perchè non ci sono novità o situazioni decisive per la storia d'insieme. E' più un libro "conclusivo" di situazioni rimaste aperte nei due precedenti. Non che non si prendano decisioni importanti, anzi è sopratutto di questo che è fatto il libro. Decisioni da prendere, non più varie possibilità ma un'unica via. Penso che la Meyer volesse chiudere tutte le situazioni irrisolte, per poter entrare nella parte decisiva del racconto senza vecchi strascichi a disturbare la storia. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Feb 5, 2014 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Bella Swan on jälleen vaarassa, kun joukkomurhien aalto vavisuttelee Seattlea ja julma vampyyri janoaa kostoa. Kaiken huipuksi hänen on valittava Edwardin rakkauden ja Jacobin ystävyyden välillä, sillä ihmissudet ja vampyyrit eivät tule toimeen keskenään. Ylioppilasjuhlien lähestyessä Bellan on myös tehtävä lopullinen päätös: Elämä vai kuolema? Muutos vampyyriksi vai ihmisenä säilyminen?Epäilyksessä henkilöhahmot ja heidän suhteensa kehittyvät ja saavat uusia ulottuvuuksia. Saamme tietää paljon erityisesti Jacobin tunteista ja ajatuksista, joita lahjakas Edward lukee. Bella on hyvin kiintynyt Jacobiin ja viihtyy tämän seurassa kenties liiankin hyvin. Onko hänkään enää varma tunteistaan? Onhan ihmissusi-Jacobissa sentään jotain inhimillisempää kuin Edwardissa...Epäilys on kolmas osa kuolematonta rakkaustragediaa.

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:13 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,422,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible