Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) (original 2007; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (3)

Member:andrea.oldridge
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1 Pap/Pstr, Paperback, 640 pages

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Recently added byrena75, private library, sbalboni1, b_koons86, joanne79, Taywilsoncx
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (727)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Danish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (758)
Only negative aspect-I felt like the Jacob character was being forced into Bella's life more than necessary. There were some decisions that Bella made in this book that I had really hard time getting behind. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Definitely my best of the series but it dragged in some parts (yikes)
Generally though, this one felt more real to me and it was thicker too so yay.
Three stars and not four because I still don't think I'd like it now and a major factor in books for me is timelessness and this didn't have that. ( )
  Elaine_Omwango | Jan 26, 2019 |
If I thought that this Saga couldn't get better than New Moon, I was wrong. This book took the Vampire world of Twilight, and the La Push world from New Moon, and weaved them together perfectly. I loved the way Bella was being tossed around having to choose between these two wonderful families, and the way her 'Supernatural creatures' clashed over her. Jacob was heartbreaking, but you couldn't stay mad at Edward, and of course Alice and Jasper! Beautiful book all around. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
I'm honestly not joking when I say that I'm Team Mike Newton all the way. He's better than either option in every regard. 1) He's there for you as a friend even when things get tough (unlike Edward and Jacob). 2) He's willing to put aside his wants when it's obvious that you do not feel the same way, and therefore keeps his friendships without making things weird, all without manipulating you into feeling bad that you don't like him romantically and threatening suicide if you don't make out with him (unlike Jacob). 3) He's mortal and normal and won't bring any kind of danger onto you, and also isn't too old or too young (unlike Edward and Jacob). Basically, there's nothing wrong with Mike Newton. He's the only normal option but Bella doesn't consider him for some reason.

Besides all that, this book dragged. I was at the 50% mark hoping I was about to reach the climax. Most of that was because Jacob is the devil and Bella is too deluded to see that, but also because the order of events was so illogical and hard to follow that my suspended disbelief was precariously hanging over the ground, threatening to fall at any moment. I'm glad the movies changed stuff, keeping all the vital plot points but simplifying and correcting the random confusing crap, while also maintaining the fun ridiculousness without destroying all possible believability.

I did shed a tear during Rosalie's tale, though. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Jan 5, 2019 |
I liked this book. It isn't my fav in the series, but it was a nice conflict between Jacob and Edward. There was alot of action and it was nicely written ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,368,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible