Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) (original 2007; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

Member:emireally
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1 Pap/Pstr, Paperback, 640 pages

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Recently added byDaylin, Shad.Gray, udo1toni, Ms.Johnson307, private library, arydwn, abhidd1687, LopiCake, Sheilah.Egan
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (one-horse.library)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (694)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Swedish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (723)
I really have lost count of how many times I have read the books in this series. I still enjoy the story just as much as I did the first time I read it, but I do seem to be a bit more discerning and more observant as a reader than I had been years ago when I read them for the first time.

I couldn't help but notice some inconsistencies in the story this time around. For instance, she mentions the date being June 4th, and then a few pages later says the weather felt more like February than May. There were little things like that. Thus, the lower rating than I may have previously given the story.

I love the action in this one, for some reason, though I felt a bit...conflicted about the Edward versus Jacob drama. I mean, I love a good love triangle like the next person, but things just always seem to work out too well for Bella, and I am conflicted about the way so many boys just seem to be throwing themselves at her.

I seem to be doing a lot of rereading lately, instead of reading new books, but I had been in a bit of a reading and blogging slump, and this was just what the doctor ordered to help me get back into the groove. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Which would you choose? Vampire or werewolf? The third book in the Twilight series written by Stephanie Meyers is called Eclipse. This book is a story with romance, action, drama, and fantasy. In all of the books the main character is Bella. The author sort of made a pyramid of characters with Bella at the top. Edward and Jacob are the second most important characters. Then it is all the other characters after them. Bella is an awkward girl in the beginning, but when she meets Edward she is very loving and honest. Then when she meets Jacob she is friendly and more easy going. Ever since then she’s been more bold and daring. She isn’t as quiet and shy as she used to be. The setting in Eclipse is a town in Washington. Forks is a small, closely knit town. It is described as the rainiest places on earth by the residents in the town.
After almost becoming a vampire, and heading to Italy to save Edward’s life. All while battling evil vampires. The third book isn’t that much different. There are mysterious disappearances happening in Seattle, and the Cullens suspect it has to do with vampires. An old foe of theirs, Victoria comes back to haunt them. A huge battle against Victoria’s newborn vampire army brings the Cullens and wolves together to protect the people of Forks. Will they succeed or will Edward need to avenge Bella?
I honestly like the entire series. The third book is one of my top favorites. I think it is a drama that would drag the readers in and never let them go. The target audience for this book is pre teens and teens. Or adults could read this book. This is because while the author clearly writes with passion and involving scenes that draw the reader in, she writes about mature yet hilarious scenes. Her books also have a darkness to them about seeing inner beauty, and the mood can become serious.
  DeHa14 | Feb 26, 2015 |
I really enjoyed the creative stories and characters in this modern-day fairytale of the Twilight series, but sometimes Bella's personality drove me nuts. I also enjoyed the movies based on this series as well, tho' many professed that they were less desirable. ( )
  CILLYart4U | Feb 16, 2015 |
These books are getting better and better, but she still spends too much time writing about the Mary Sue romance crap and not enough time on an actual plot. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Bella Swan on jälleen vaarassa, kun joukkomurhien aalto vavisuttelee Seattlea ja julma vampyyri janoaa kostoa. Kaiken huipuksi hänen on valittava Edwardin rakkauden ja Jacobin ystävyyden välillä, sillä ihmissudet ja vampyyrit eivät tule toimeen keskenään. Ylioppilasjuhlien lähestyessä Bellan on myös tehtävä lopullinen päätös: Elämä vai kuolema? Muutos vampyyriksi vai ihmisenä säilyminen?Epäilyksessä henkilöhahmot ja heidän suhteensa kehittyvät ja saavat uusia ulottuvuuksia. Saamme tietää paljon erityisesti Jacobin tunteista ja ajatuksista, joita lahjakas Edward lukee. Bella on hyvin kiintynyt Jacobiin ja viihtyy tämän seurassa kenties liiankin hyvin. Onko hänkään enää varma tunteistaan? Onhan ihmissusi-Jacobissa sentään jotain inhimillisempää kuin Edwardissa...Epäilys on kolmas osa kuolematonta rakkaustragediaa.

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:13 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,147,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible