Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) (original 2007; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

Member:emireally
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1 Pap/Pstr, Paperback, 640 pages

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (natalieinjeans)
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (697)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Swedish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (726)
I was told that this is where the series really heats up. It didn't.

Meyer wanted to sell this as a great love story, with sacrifice and all that jazz. It's not. The characters are entirely irrational, borderline psychotic, constantly moping or whining, and never seem to grow or adapt from their experiences. In short, they're teenagers - which would be a great story, if the character development, plot arc, and general character interactions made any sense.

It's just not enjoyable to read. Bella defines herself almost solely from the perspective and desires of Edward or Jacob, and takes almost no substantive interest in her future or own desires. Edward is a mincing whiner with a breathtaking control problem. Jacob is downright strange, probably bipolar, and generally a filler character just so Bella isn't forced to spend ALL of her time with Edward. The only person I feel sorry for and seems real is her dad, who has to deal with all of this crap.

The characters are flat and static - there's no complexity to the book. There's no big surprise or reward for finishing it. Hell, if there were an overarching moral or lesson, that would at least be something. But, there's not. Instead, the reader trudges through hundreds of pages of teenage angst and borderline relationship abuse to arrive at the conclusion that Bella, Edward, and Jacob are all insane. ( )
  bdtrump | May 9, 2015 |
This is my least favorite book out of the saga. It took me forever to finish this book. To me the story was just slow, and the love triangle was really getting on my nerves. Bella is not one of my favorite characters, she just drives me crazy. ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | May 3, 2015 |
Probably my favorite book in the series. Please don't judge these books on the movies. The movies really left a lot out and changed a lot. Really great series! ( )
  AngelaFries | Apr 20, 2015 |
I really have lost count of how many times I have read the books in this series. I still enjoy the story just as much as I did the first time I read it, but I do seem to be a bit more discerning and more observant as a reader than I had been years ago when I read them for the first time.

I couldn't help but notice some inconsistencies in the story this time around. For instance, she mentions the date being June 4th, and then a few pages later says the weather felt more like February than May. There were little things like that. Thus, the lower rating than I may have previously given the story.

I love the action in this one, for some reason, though I felt a bit...conflicted about the Edward versus Jacob drama. I mean, I love a good love triangle like the next person, but things just always seem to work out too well for Bella, and I am conflicted about the way so many boys just seem to be throwing themselves at her.

I seem to be doing a lot of rereading lately, instead of reading new books, but I had been in a bit of a reading and blogging slump, and this was just what the doctor ordered to help me get back into the groove. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Bella Swan on jälleen vaarassa, kun joukkomurhien aalto vavisuttelee Seattlea ja julma vampyyri janoaa kostoa. Kaiken huipuksi hänen on valittava Edwardin rakkauden ja Jacobin ystävyyden välillä, sillä ihmissudet ja vampyyrit eivät tule toimeen keskenään. Ylioppilasjuhlien lähestyessä Bellan on myös tehtävä lopullinen päätös: Elämä vai kuolema? Muutos vampyyriksi vai ihmisenä säilyminen?Epäilyksessä henkilöhahmot ja heidän suhteensa kehittyvät ja saavat uusia ulottuvuuksia. Saamme tietää paljon erityisesti Jacobin tunteista ja ajatuksista, joita lahjakas Edward lukee. Bella on hyvin kiintynyt Jacobiin ja viihtyy tämän seurassa kenties liiankin hyvin. Onko hänkään enää varma tunteistaan? Onhan ihmissusi-Jacobissa sentään jotain inhimillisempää kuin Edwardissa...Epäilys on kolmas osa kuolematonta rakkaustragediaa.

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:13 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,183,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible