Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) by…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3) (original 2007; edition 2010)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (3)

Member:Danabluehats
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1 Pap/Pstr, Paperback, 640 pages

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (724)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  German (3)  Portuguese (2)  Finnish (2)  Danish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (755)
I liked this book. It isn't my fav in the series, but it was a nice conflict between Jacob and Edward. There was alot of action and it was nicely written ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
I can't deny it, and I really don't want to: I'm loving this book series! I had seen the films beforehand, but I definitely think that the books offer more than what could be fitted into 2 hours. Looking back and re-watching the films now, I feel like so much was rushed in the movie that I would have loved to see expanded upon further. However, as that is not the point of this review, I'll drop adaption talk for now.

Story-wise, this book is a filler book. The plot was enjoyable, not to mention inevitable, but it was definitely not something that really played into the grand scheme of things. I believe that the main point of this addition to the series was focus and expand on the characters and their relationships with one another. If you've been reading the book series and enjoy that aspect of the plot, I'm sure that you will find this book as enjoyable as I did. However, for others, the book may seem a bit repetitive, as it mainly delves into recurring questions and plot aspects.

While I did have a couple issues with some of the things that transpire (a.k.a. Jacob forcing himself on Bella), the overall story and plot held everything together and made me very excited to read the final installment! 4 stars! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Read in High School
Age 13 (2006) – Age 22 (2015)
  KiTiraShorter | Mar 5, 2018 |
Hey Jacob business 1I thought O is way too long but it was OK ( )
  cupcakeclark | Nov 21, 2017 |
So far, the best book of the series. What I don't understand are people's reviews saying "The first two were bad, but this was horrible." If you didn't like the first two, WHY read the 3rd? *Sigh* Anyway, I'm not going to go into a full plot analysis, but overall the book was really good. The tension between Jacob and Edward is funny and it is great when the werewolves have to join forces with the Cullens. ( )
  Borrows-N-Wants | Nov 10, 2017 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob and her relationship with Edward, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,816,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible