Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Will Grayson, Will Grayson (edition 2010)

by John Green, David Levithan

3,2242001,720 (4.07)133
Member:valkeakuulas
Title:Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Authors:John Green
Other authors:David Levithan
Info:New York : Speak, cop. 2010.
Rating:*****

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green (Author)

English (199)  Dutch (1)  All languages (200)
Funny.
“Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters.” ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Funny.
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
An interesting look at how life can be so different for people who have so much in common. Will Grayson, Will Grayson follows a handful of teenagers as they deal with typical teenage "stuff"; friendships, family, drama, and, most importantly, LOVE. The format is interesting; chapters alternate point of view between each of the Will Graysons, cataloging their relationships with an overly large homosexual boy named Tiny as he prepares to put on the performance of a lifetime via the high school's funding and promotion.

In the end John Green and David Levithan have delivered like able and relatable characters with realistic and rich dialogue and actions. I was unable to put this one down, and several of my students have been waiting to borrow it (as they have with all of my other John Green titles). ( )
  HeatherCHoffman | Jul 23, 2014 |
Lots of angst in this one. ( )
  libq | Jul 22, 2014 |
This book is absolutely hilarious. Tiny Cooper is probably my favorite character of any book I have ever read. David Levitan and John Green are two of my favorite authors of all time. This book had me laughing from beginning to end, you won't want to put it down. ( )
  hockeyzc58 | Jul 16, 2014 |
A wonderfully campy, sweet, romantic gesture in the spectacular style that readers have come to expect from these two YA masters.
added by khuggard | editVOYA

Two superstar authors pair up and really deliver the goods, dishing up a terrific high-energy tale of teen love, lust, intrigue, anger, pain, and friendship threaded with generous measures of comedy and savvy counsel.
added by khuggard | editBooklist, John Peters

...complete with honest language, interesting characters, and a heartfelt, gritty edge, this quirky yet down-to-earth collaboration by two master YA storytellers will keep readers turning pages.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal, Diane P. Tuccillo

(for being so close)
-DL

To Tobias Huisman
-JG
When I was little, my dad used to tell me, “Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose."
Tiny Cooper is not the world's gayest person, and he is not the world's largest person, but I believe he may be the world's largest person who is really, really gay, and also the the world's gayest person who is really, really large.
There are probably some girls who don’t want guys to show up at their house randomly on a Tuesday night with questions about Edwin Schrodinger. I am sure such girls exist. But they don’t live at my house.

Will Grayson, meet Will Grayson

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high school stage.

When two teens, one gay and one straight, meet accidentally and discover that they share the same name, their lives become intertwined as one begins dating the other's best friend, who produces a play revealing his relationship with them both.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,282,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible