Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Will Grayson, Will Grayson (edition 2010)

by John Green, David Levithan

Member:valkeakuulas
Title:Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Authors:John Green
Other authors:David Levithan
Info:New York : Speak, cop. 2010.
Rating:*****

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green (Author)

English (210)  Dutch (1)  All languages (211)
Another "just okay" read of the year. This is my first John Green novel, and I did enjoy his writing style - however, the plot just didn't deliver. From what I gather, this was a co-writing exercise he did with another YA author (David Levithan), each of them alternating chapters focusing on a different character named "Will Grayson" with the idea that they would cause these characters' lives to intersect and be forever changed. It's an interesting idea, but ultimately it's a "too many cooks" situation, and neither plotline really went anywhere interesting or meaningful. ( )
  okrysmastree | Mar 8, 2015 |
Was it destiny? Or was it a mistake? Find out in Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. The genre of Will Grayson, Will Grayson is realistic fiction.
In Will Grayson, Will Grayson there are two main characters. They are Will Grayson and Will Grayson. In Will Grayson, Will Grayson the setting is in a high school. Will Grayson is just like every other teenager. He is harsh and rude. Will Grayson is a teenager who suffers with depression.
These two boys who have nothing in common fight, for whom means a lot to them. But not before learning a little bit about the characters. Will Grayson, Will Grayson I found was very confusing. It is very confusing and causes you to need to reread because you are never sure which boy is talking. I think people who like musicals and mature people would enjoy this book. This is good for someone who likes musicals because it takes place in a high school on stage. Also throughout the text it had inappropriate language. John Green is a very talented and good author and I enjoy most of his works. I don't know any of David Levithan works but I don't think this book gave me a good grasp on his works. They tried to take you along on the two boys journey. Overall I was not impressed and did not enjoy any part of this book. ( )
  JECLBR14 | Mar 5, 2015 |
Honestly it was a nice story, but I felt like it ended aruptly ( )
  nlm2nd | Mar 4, 2015 |
I'm torn about this one. On one hand, I really appreciated the skill it took to write this book. The voices of the two Will Graysons were perfect and perfectly distinct. The two plots were paced perfectly and intersected at critical moments without seeming too overwrought. I enjoyed it.

So why the low rating? I just ended it feeling unsatisfied. Very little of the book read like YA; it was a well-constructed, beautifully written novel that just happened to star teenagers. But then the ending was straight YA schlock. I felt like the authors sold their previous work, and the characters, short. ( )
  CherieDooryard | Jan 20, 2015 |
The story of two teenaged boys named Will Grayson, told in alternating first person chapters. Each Will Grayson is dealing with questions about friendships, relationships, and sexuality. Their chance meeting helps spur each of them toward better understanding of himself. Green and Levithan both handle voice brilliantly (each of them wrote the chapters about one of the Wills), and the interior emotional life of young men is tenderly but realistically rendered. All of the main characters leap off the page (Tiny Cooper, who I think is both someone we all probably knew in high school or college and someone unique and all his own, is unforgettable), and the climax, where the coincidence of the two Will Graysons meeting plays a part, is moving and perfect. Recommended unreservedly and most especially to anyone who wonders why adults should bother with YA. ( )
  lycomayflower | Jan 2, 2015 |
A wonderfully campy, sweet, romantic gesture in the spectacular style that readers have come to expect from these two YA masters.
added by khuggard | editVOYA

Two superstar authors pair up and really deliver the goods, dishing up a terrific high-energy tale of teen love, lust, intrigue, anger, pain, and friendship threaded with generous measures of comedy and savvy counsel.
added by khuggard | editBooklist, John Peters

...complete with honest language, interesting characters, and a heartfelt, gritty edge, this quirky yet down-to-earth collaboration by two master YA storytellers will keep readers turning pages.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal, Diane P. Tuccillo

(for being so close)
-DL

To Tobias Huisman
-JG
When I was little, my dad used to tell me, “Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose."
Tiny Cooper is not the world's gayest person, and he is not the world's largest person, but I believe he may be the world's largest person who is really, really gay, and also the the world's gayest person who is really, really large.
There are probably some girls who don’t want guys to show up at their house randomly on a Tuesday night with questions about Edwin Schrodinger. I am sure such girls exist. But they don’t live at my house.

Will Grayson, meet Will Grayson

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high school stage.

When two teens, one gay and one straight, meet accidentally and discover that they share the same name, their lives become intertwined as one begins dating the other's best friend, who produces a play revealing his relationship with them both.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,166,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible