Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Will Grayson, Will Grayson (edition 2010)

by John Green, David Levithan

Member:valkeakuulas
Title:Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Authors:John Green
Other authors:David Levithan
Info:New York : Speak, cop. 2010.
Rating:*****

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green (Author)

English (218)  Dutch (1)  All languages (219)
That was very touching. ( )
  aka_no_joou | May 19, 2015 |
I loved Will Grayson Will Grayson! It was funny and interesting, had a great plot and a great ending! I really felt like I was there feeling the emotions so beautifully portrayed. I loved the play and loved the ending. I wish it could be a weekly show. :) ( )
  Shmuel0001 | May 7, 2015 |
  skay0001 | May 3, 2015 |
Summary: This book is written in two perspectives: Will Grayson the heterosexual star athlete and will grayson who is a gay teen having an online relationship with another member of the Gay- Straight Alliance. On one fated night they are brought together and are stunned to find that they have the same name. Shocked by this, the boys talk and realize how different but similar they really are.

Personal connection: I was recommended this book and high school, and this is what got me interested in the author, John Green. I thought it was interesting to give the two characters the same name and then give them two sexualities and views about the world.

Class use: I would recommend this book to any teenagers but especially ones maybe questioning their sexuality or who don't fully understand those that are questioning themselves. We could read the book as a class and discuss the importance of tolerance and respecting others of different sexual orientations. ( )
  allisonpollack | Apr 30, 2015 |
The book Will Grayson,Will Grayson was an amazing and funny book. I loved all the drama and comedy that was in the book. My favorite part in the book was Tiny'splay that was at the end of the book. I thought it was very funny and very well written and i loved the song that Tiny sang in it. There was so much detail,drama,and comedy throughout the entire book. I would definatly love to re-read this book again because of how much i loved reading it the first time.
  Abch14 | Apr 26, 2015 |
A wonderfully campy, sweet, romantic gesture in the spectacular style that readers have come to expect from these two YA masters.
added by khuggard | editVOYA

Two superstar authors pair up and really deliver the goods, dishing up a terrific high-energy tale of teen love, lust, intrigue, anger, pain, and friendship threaded with generous measures of comedy and savvy counsel.
added by khuggard | editBooklist, John Peters

...complete with honest language, interesting characters, and a heartfelt, gritty edge, this quirky yet down-to-earth collaboration by two master YA storytellers will keep readers turning pages.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal, Diane P. Tuccillo

(for being so close)
-DL

To Tobias Huisman
-JG
When I was little, my dad used to tell me, “Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose."
Tiny Cooper is not the world's gayest person, and he is not the world's largest person, but I believe he may be the world's largest person who is really, really gay, and also the the world's gayest person who is really, really large.
There are probably some girls who don’t want guys to show up at their house randomly on a Tuesday night with questions about Edwin Schrodinger. I am sure such girls exist. But they don’t live at my house.

Will Grayson, meet Will Grayson

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high school stage.

When two teens, one gay and one straight, meet accidentally and discover that they share the same name, their lives become intertwined as one begins dating the other's best friend, who produces a play revealing his relationship with them both.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,171,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible