Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Before I Fall

by Lauren Oliver

English (359)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (365)
Tan perfecto como lo recordaba ♡

***
Relectura 2015
He perdido la cuenta de cuantas veces lo he leído, pero no me canso de leerlo. ( )
  dieciseislunas | Jun 2, 2019 |
Technically I skimmed a good middle chunk, but I'm still counting it as a read because I can. ( )
  miri12 | May 31, 2019 |
I bought this book like a year ago and I finally picked it up. This book was so intense. I loved the plot and liked most of the characters. At first glance they might have seemed superficial but they were not! I also think the message of this book is amazing.

Olivers writing style was really beautiful. SEE!

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”

I love how Samantha goes through so many phases before finally accepting it. Thank you for the emotional rollercoaster, Oliver.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending yet. It was kind of beautiful but so unexpected which makes it amazing.
  gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |

Olivers writing style was really beautiful. SEE!

gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |
The think I liked most about this book was that it was very truthful- the mean girls really do think this way. The thing I didn't like about it was that it took Sam way too long to realize that being a mean girl was maybe not such a good thing. She really was that shallow. I liked that she stayed loyal to her friends, though. I guess I am feeling a little bipolar about this book to be honest- there are things I loved about it and things I hated about it. So I gave it three stars. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
Although somewhat predictable, the plot drives forward and teens will want to see where Sam's choices lead.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal, Amy J. Chow

Lauren Oliverprimary authorall editionscalculated
Drew, SarahNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In loving memory of Semon Emil Knudsen
Peter: Thank you for giving me some of my greatest hits. I miss you.
Prologue:

They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me.
One

"Beep beep", Lindsay calls out.
''Here's one of the things I learned that morning: if you cross a line and nothing happens, the line loses meaning.''

What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.
It's like Groundhog Day

for young women- in book form

with a sad ending.

(Eskimo_Kissez)

After she dies in a car crash, teenaged Samantha relives the day of her death over and over again until, on the seventh day, she finally discovers a way to save herself.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,531,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible