The Elusive Bride by Stephanie Laurens

The Elusive Bride (2010)

by Stephanie Laurens

Series: Black Cobra Quartet (2)

Recently added byE111e, Nutzoid, msantana1, private library, CLEO061, Spalding, jedilora, shanal

Gareth / Emily ( )
  Talthor | Jan 1, 2014 |
818280 Eh, I have a hard time getting into a romance with a diary. Sooner or later the significant other is going to find it and It Never Ends Well. At least until the Happily Ever After, I mean. I am not mustering up enthusiasm to finish this, but the Egyptian setting does make me want to re-read Mr Impossible, which of course now I can't find on my shelves. Grrrr. ( )
  MelissaZD | Jan 1, 2014 |
In the second installment of the Black Cobra, the reader follows the travels of Gareth Hamilton complicated by the appearance and involvement of Emily Ensworth (who has decided that Major Hamilton is the man for her). The Black Cobra knows that Emily deivered the letter that Hamilton is now trying to transport to England and so they are both in danger.

Again the Black Cobra's followers work to recover the incriminating letter as well as eliminate those that are involved.

Gareth and Emily protect each other while expanding their personal relationship.

Another fun book with adventure and love at the center. ( )
  cyderry | Oct 14, 2011 |
OMG what a wonderful book. This one had a lot more action than the first one and I like all the diary entries. These books definitely need to be read in order so you can follow the whole story since each books follows each hero from the start of his journey to the very exciting climax which is only a few days apart in the over all story. I can't wait to start the next book. ( )
  LadyIsis | Feb 16, 2011 |
Have you already read The Untamed Bride, the first of this quartet of stories? If the answer is yes, then you have pretty much read this book as well. Simply change the names, personal background, eye and hair colors, and voila, you have The Elusive Bride.

To read a more comprehensive review simply read my review of The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Quartet)and substitute this title for that one. Had I not purchased this book when I bought book #1 in this series I doubt that I would have spent the money. ( )
1 vote AuthorMarion | Feb 7, 2011 |

Laurens, Stephanieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Ul-ul-ul-ul-ul!" The battle cries of their pursuers faded momentarily as Emily Ensworth and her escort thundered around the next bend.

Ex-officer of the Crown Gareth Hamilton is astonished when he encounters Emily Ensworth, a woman he never dreamed of seeing again, and she joins him in his mission to take down a deadly enemy known only as the Black Cobra.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,260,018 books! | Top bar: Always visible