Daredevil: Born Again by Frank Miller

One the best Daredevil stories ever, written by the best Daredevil writer, Frank Miller. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | Jun 20, 2013 |
This is probably the only bookshelf comic I have left with Miller's name on it, and I nearly got rid of it too. But I started flicking through it, and it is actually really pretty good. Written by Miller and drawn by Mazzucchelli in 1987, it has all the energy and power that made people think how good Miller was, while showing little of the tics and distasteful attitudes that have put me off his work from Sin City onwards.

Mazzucchelli's art is great - solid in the interiors, beautiful on the cover. I wondered slightly if in some places Miller might have inked bits as there is some similarity between their art styles, but frankly give me Mazzucchelli's style over Miller's empty stylishness any day. ( )
  comixminx | Apr 5, 2013 |
Even at twenty plus years old with garish colors, it remains undiminished as a classic of the superhero genre. Only when there’s a true collaboration, and the writer and artist are working together as Miller and Mazzucchelli do here, and both bringing more to it than each could individually, do you get a great work, a classic, like this one. ( )
  Girl_Detective | Nov 4, 2009 |
Miller did a great job with Batman in the past, it was probably an easy transition into Marvel's version of "Batman". It wasn't a bad novel by any means but I think I somehow expected more from what critics called "The Defining Daredevil Story". ( )
  branimal | May 18, 2009 |
The first graphic novel by Frank Miller I ever read - afterwards I was a fan of him and David Mazzucchelli. I think it was also one of the first comics that I read in English language. This book is a great adventure and it is perfectly drawn - I have read it many times and it always keeps me turning the pages until the last one is reached. ( )
  GeorgMayer | May 1, 2007 |

Miller, FrankWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mazzucchelli, DavidIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Information from the Portuguese (Brazil) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

And I -- I have shown him... that a man without hope is a man without fear." The definitive Daredevil tale! Karen Page, Matt Murdock's former lover, has traded away the Man Without Fear's secret identity for a drug fix. Now, Daredevil must find strength as the Kingpin of Crime wastes no time taking him down as low as a human can get.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,253,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible