Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham

Home in Time for Christmas (edition 2010)

by Heather Graham (Author)

Member:AddictedToMorphemes
Title:Home in Time for Christmas
Authors:Heather Graham (Author)
Info:Mira Books 2010-10-26 (2010), Unknown Binding
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Read, Read in 2012

Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham

Cute story--great beginning, lags a bit in the middle, and ends up being pretty much a Hallmark movie off the week in book form by the end. Entertaining bit of fluff when you're not looking for something too cerebral--with a Christmas and family message. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
I found Melody really annoying as a heroine. I have the audio version, so I didn't notice the typos many other reviewers complained of, but in general, the fact that she didn't just break it off clean with before the story even started made me frown on her actions through the rest of the book. I have no patience for those who dilly dally with such things. ( )
  kaitnolan | Mar 30, 2013 |
Story of an American Revolutionary War hero, Jake Mallory, who is accused of treason by the British and is scheduled for execution. As he is dropped from the gallows, he is saved by his sister, who uses magic to transport him to the future. He appears in the middle of the road over 200 years later and is nearly hit by a car driven by Melody Tarleton. She brings him to her parents' home for Christmas. Her family is drawn to Jake's sincerity and goodness even though they think the bump on his head is what is causing his "delusions" of being from another time. Over time, they learn the truth and help to get him "home in time for Christmas".

This book thoughtfully makes the case of the need for acceptance and tolerance of others' beliefs, especially in this culture of prejudice and judgment of those "different from us". ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Dec 30, 2012 |
I know this book is supposed to be all feel good and warm for the holidays, but I was terribly disappointed that the main characters didn't even have one usable drop of chemistry between them! I figured out the point of the story long before I should have and I felt like Heather Graham was working harder on the feel and atmosphere of a snowy holiday setting instead of working out the relationship between our leading man and leading lady. I don't mind a copy & paste romance story, so long as the characters are believable and endearing and these cast mates were none of the above. Save the ten bucks and buy some of her better novels! ( )
  brodeurbunny30 | Jan 3, 2011 |
I've always been intrigued by the stories where time travel is a part of the plot. And, just like those past novels, this story intrigued me.

This novel was an extremely engrossing and easy read. It is a definite page turner making you want to keep reading until the story ends.

I do love happy endings in these types of stories and, for awhile, I wondered if a happy ending is what I would get. The slight suspense made the story more enjoyable for me.

The characters in the novel were well-depicted, well-rounded and highly believable ... as if they were based on real individuals.

Overall, this novel is one of those stories that you enjoy reading simply for the pleasure of getting lost in a story for awhile. ( )
  MRShemery | Dec 27, 2010 |

Centuries ago, by a scaffold in Manhattan, rose petals drifted gently to the ground... like snow on a wintry Massachusetts night. Melody Tarleton is driving home for Christmas when a man - clad in Revolutionary War-era costume - appears out of nowhere, right in the path of her car. Shaken, she takes the injured stranger in, listening with concern to Jake Mallory's fantastic claim that he's a Patriot soldier, sentenced to death by British authorities. The last thing he remembers is the tug of the noose. Safe at her parents' house, Melody concocts a story to explain the handsome holiday guest with the courtly manners, strange clothes and nasty bump on the head. Mark, her close friend who wishes he were more, is skeptical and her family is fascinated - though not half so fascinated as Melody herself. Jake is passionate, charming and utterly unlike anyone she's ever met. Can he really be who he claims? And can a man from the distant past be the future she truly longs for? With the aid of enchanted petals, ancient potions and the peculiar magic of the season, Melody and Jake embark on an unimaginable Christmas adventure - and discover a love that transcends time.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 077832687X, Hardcover)

Centuries ago, by a scaffold in Manhattan, rose petals drifted gently to the ground... ...like snow on a wintry Massachusetts night. Melody Tarleton is driving home for Christmas when a man—clad in Revolutionary War-era costume—appears out of nowhere, right in the path of her car. Shaken, she takes the injured stranger in, listening with concern to Jake Mallory’s fantastic claim that he’s a Patriot soldier, sentenced to death by British authorities. The last thing he remembers is the tug of the noose. Safe at her parents’ house, Melody concocts a story to explain the handsome holiday guest with the courtly manners, strange clothes and nasty bump on the head. Mark, her close friend who wishes he were more, is skeptical and her family is fascinated—though not half so fascinated as Melody herself. Jake is passionate, charming and utterly unlike anyone she’s ever met. Can he really be who he claims? And can a man from the distant past be the future she truly longs for? With the aid of enchanted petals, ancient potions and the peculiar magic of the season, Melody and Jake embark on an unimaginable Christmas adventure—and discover a love that transcends time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:52 -0400)

When she rescues a man claiming to be a patriot soldier, sentenced to death by British authorities, Melody Tarleton takes the stranger to her parent's house where a little Christmas magic, some enchanted petals, and ancient potions take them on an unimaginable adventure.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,541,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible