A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi

A Circle of Souls (edition 2009)

by Preetham Grandhi, Cedar Fort (Editor), Inc. (Editor)

Member:nm1990
Title:A Circle of Souls
Authors:Preetham Grandhi
Other authors:Cedar Fort (Editor), Inc. (Editor)
Info:Cedar Fort (2009), Edition: 1, Paperback, 352 pages

A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi

My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Mar 31, 2013 |
Even though I technically have been reading this book for almost a week, I actually read it in a very few sittings. It was definitely a fast-paced and intriguing read, especially with the assistance of short chapter.

I liked the cast of characters and felt like they were genuine people; however, my greatest and most disliked part of the book revolved around the paranormal aspect in the plot. Unfortunately, it was an integral element, but not overpowering, so I still enjoyed the book as a whole.

The thriller portion of the book had a few gruesome moments, but on the profanity-front, there wasn't any. I'm curious as to the author's reasoning behind that choice. Not that I wanted profanity, but its absence was undeniable and definitely purposeful. On occasion I thought there was too many adjectives - telling instead of showing, but overall it was a very good debut novel. I look forward to more by Grandhi, especially if it's focus is psychological.

Originally posted on: Thoughts of Joy ( )
  ThoughtsofJoyLibrary | Jul 6, 2012 |
When the quiet town of Newbury, Connecticut, is rocked by the brutal murder of ten-year-old Janet Troy, the FBI send in their best agent, Leia Bines - an expert in cases involving children - to solve the case. Already reeling from the result of her previous case, Leia reluctantly agrees to take the case.

Meanwhile, child psychiatrist Dr. Peter Gram, is dealing with a new patient. Seven-year-old Naya Hastings has been brought to him suffering from horrific nightmares. The only clues to her nightly terrors are the drawings that she does in the morning. As Naya's drawings become more violent, Peter becomes increasingly more worried for Naya.

As the townspeople struggle to come to terms with Janet's murder and Agent Bines struggles to find a killer, Naya's drawings hold all the clues in a tangled case of lies, deceit and serial murder. It falls to Leia and Peter to uncover these clues before time runs out.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a touch of the supernatural about their mysteries. I give this book an A+! ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Feb 23, 2012 |
I was very interested in this book when my daughter received it to review. I asked if I could borrow it to read it first and she said yes I could. I agree wholeheartedly with her review. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Feb 13, 2012 |
Very well written with engaging characters, this novel explores paranormal communication from a recently murdered child through a young adopted girl. It is unclear if she is suffering from psychosis or from forces not easily defined as she speaks with Janet and is given the clues investigators need to solve a horrific murder mystery. Many twists make this an exciting murder mystery that is well paced and neatly incorporates spiritual and physical domains.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author through the LibraryThing Member Giveaway program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 [...] : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  nanajlove | Nov 26, 2011 |
A mystery set in the quiet town of Newbury, Connecticut, the story is both entertaining and it really makes you think about what happens when you die. When a little girl is horribly murdered, FBI agent Leia Bines is called in to assist with the investigation. With little to go on, frustrated law enforcement is at a loss.

Dedicated to the devoted staff and precious children of House 5
The slaaf stumbled along the shore of Willow Lake.

A paranormal mystery where a young girl is murdered and another young girl has dreams where the first girl appears to her and asks for her help.

The sleepy town of Newbury, Connecticut, is shocked when a little girl is found brutally murdered. The town's top detective, perplexed by a complete lack of leads, calls in FBI agent Leia Bines, an expert in cases involving children. Meanwhile, Dr. Peter Gram, a psychiatrist at Newbury's hospital, searches desperately for the cause of seven-year-old Naya Hasting's devastating nightmares.… (more)

Preetham Grandhi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,444,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible