Demon Love Spell, Vol. 1 by Mayu Shinjo

Demon Love Spell, Vol. 1 (edition 2012)

by Mayu Shinjo

Member:kcody03
Title:Demon Love Spell, Vol. 1
Authors:Mayu Shinjo
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 200 pages
Rating:*****

Demon Love Spell, Vol. 1 by Mayu Shinjo

Lots of action and running around in the first volume of this manga. Not a lot of character development for my taste. I didn't really understand if the main heroine, Miko, comes from a special family that recognizes and fights against demons or if everyone in their world is aware of the unseen world. Also, Miko seemed suddenly in love with her captive demon, Kagura. He accuses her of being in love with him, and she just is, because she's dreamed about him. Kinda killed the romantic tension for me. ( )
  vonze | Feb 6, 2014 |
This Priestess has spunk!
Miko is a Shrine Maiden who is doing her best to become a strong Priestess and fight evil spirits like her father. She is a fun and willful character who although a little forgetful doesn’t complain when things go bad. Instead she does what she can to fix the problem. I like her fighting spirit and kind heart.
It was really interesting to read about a shrine maiden as the heroine for once. She is also a very relatable character and isn’t too perfect or too flighty.
Kagura is a demon who feeds of women’s passionate feelings and although annoyed by Miko at first soon starts to warm up to her. He is an interesting character who has a lot of different sides to him and I can’t wait to find out more about him and his past as the series progresses. I liked that he has a soft side, but still retains his own unique personality even if it does get on Miko’s nerves (more fun that way).
All around this was a fun and exciting new series that I can’t wait to read more of!
ART: The art was beautiful and showed the emotions of the characters very well I couldn’t get enough of the amazing drawings! I definitely give this artwork a 5/5 ( )
  kcody03 | Dec 25, 2012 |

"Miko is a shrine maiden who has never had much success at seeing or banishing spirits. Then she meets Kagura, a sexy demon who feeds off women's feelings of passion and love. Kagura's insatiable appetite has left many girls at school brokenhearted, so Miko casts a spell to seal his powers. Surprisingly the spell works-- sort of-- but now Kagura is after her!" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,887,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible