So You Want to Be a Librarian by Lauren…

So You Want to Be a Librarian (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Lauren Pressley (Author)

Member:janna_voss
Title:So You Want to Be a Librarian
Authors:Lauren Pressley (Author)
Info:Library Juice Press (2009), 228 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:nonfiction

So You Want To Be a Librarian by Lauren Pressley (2009)

I read this book for one of my courses in library school. All of the general questions I had about the profession was answered with this book. ( )
  AnigL | Mar 23, 2015 |
Great book if you want to start your career as a librarian. ( )
  Isabelmore | Nov 1, 2013 |
I really enjoyed reading this book as I prepare to apply for library science school! While the overview of different types a libraries was mostly a refresher for me, as a current library employee, I appreciated the review of how expansive the field of librarianship is. I especially enjoyed the interviews of librarians in different areas of librarianship, and the list of recommended websites in the back of the book is quite good. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
To Grace James, the librarian who introduced me to this wonderful type of work while I was just an elementary school student. I still think fondly of volunteering at your library during the summers, of reading as many books as I possibly could, or riding in your red convertible with the unbelievably fun license plate, and of lunches at the Pavilion. It is because of your work that I have loved libraries for as long as I can remember.
Librarians work in a number of settings, and most tend to identify strongly with the environment in which they work.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0980200482, Paperback)

Librarians tend to love their work and consider librarianship a great career. This book is by a talented librarian who wants to introduce people, especially people searching for the right career, to the profession. It answers such questions as: What do librarians do? What are the different types of libraries and professional jobs in libraries? What are librarians all about and what hot issues do they discuss in their professional lives? What do I do to become a librarian? What are some important things to know once I'm in a masters program in library science? This book is an essential introduction to the profession for someone who is at the point of choosing a career.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:00 -0400)

"Provides information about librarianship as a career, including types of libraries, types of jobs within libraries, professional issues, and educational requirements"--Provided by publisher.

Lauren Pressley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,709,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible