Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern…

Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living (Everyday Series) (edition 2002)

by Dorothy Morrison

Member:RevKess
Title:Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living (Everyday Series)
Authors:Dorothy Morrison
Info:Llewellyn Publications (2002), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Books by People I Know
Rating:*****

Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living by Dorothy Morrison

I’ve actually been working my way through this one for a couple of months and finally finished it. I did find a few useful potions and herbal combinations and scribbled a few things into my journal, but parts of this book struck me as just sort of silly, especially some of the incantations where the author forced the lines to rhyme. I got the giggles a few times reading those! Mostly I write my own spells anyway for the little bit of ritual/spellwork I do and it’s more the “spirit” of the thing that counts, IMO, not making things rhyme! I’m keeping this on my bookshelf, but it probably won’t be one of those books I refer to regularly. ( )
  Spuddie | Sep 25, 2008 |
elementary concoction

A drop of that essential oil--
Breath of life with which we toil
A grain of sand, a world complete
Within the bottle these do meet.

A spark, a flame, the Muses light
Upon the dark face of the night
A sip, to some, the waters clear
And these, so, too, assemble here.

Within the hazes, from the mists
Gloamin's spawn and Dew's kissed
Bright Ev'n Star and rising Sun
Come one, come all and join the fun!

Merry
To all who instinctively sing to the tune of Nature, dance to the melody of magic, and sway rhythmically to the beat of the Universe.
Today's world is a hectic place and living in it is a busy matter.

Looking for simple solutions for today's problems: computer viruses, traffic that drives you crazy, and an overextended schedule?

There's an easy way to incorporate magic into your life without adding more stress to it. Everyday Magic updates the ancient arts to fit your busy lifestyle. It promotes the use of modern convenience items as viable magical tools, and it incorporates the use of easy-to-find spell ingredients—most of which are already in your kitchen cabinet. It discusses the items and forces that boost magical work, as well as offering a multitude of time-saving tips and a large assortment of recipes for creating your own incenses, potions, and powders. More than 300 spells and rituals cover the everyday concerns of the modern practitioner.

— Set your spell into motion and speed up the results with "magical boosters"
— Magnify your focused intent and energy flow with herbs, flowers, trees, and stones
— Learn how to perform ancient arts with modern tools: your coffee maker, blender and crock pot
— Make your own magical powders, sachets, bath salts, potpourris, incenses and oils
— Discover the secret to success in magical workings
— Practical spells for more than 300 purposes

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible