Magic Tree House (43) Leprechaun in Late…

Magic Tree House (43) Leprechaun in Late Winter (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Mary Pope Osborne

Member:benuathanasia
Title:Magic Tree House (43) Leprechaun in Late Winter
Authors:Mary Pope Osborne
Info:
Collections:Fiction, Young Adult
Tags:historical fiction, fiction, children's fiction, magic, fantasy, mystery, young adult

Leprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope Osborne (2010)

BRCSBooks | Aug 1, 2014 |
I had mixed feeling about this book after reading it. I liked this book because it was written well. I did not like this book because I was not interested in the adventure that Jack and Annie went on. I think that the author did a really great job with character development. By reading this book, I can tell that Annie can think on her feet, and makes sure that her plans are well thought out. On the other hand, Jack is very scattered, and rushes through things. For example, “Sorry, Miss Augusta,” said Annie. “We’re almost ready.” She whispered directions to Jack. “Okay. Say your introduction. I’ll start to play. Then you’ll start to sing. Then—” “I’ve got it,” said Jack. “Let’s just start.” I like that there are pictures throughout this chapter book. Even though the pictures are black and white, they still enhance the story. For example, when Jack and Annie are walking with Augusta and they feel like Augusta thinks she is better than them, there is a picture of Jack and Annie walking behind Augusta, reinforcing what she thinks their social status is compared to hers. I also like that there are both inner and outer dialogue. For example, “Where is summer? Can you answer me that?” Mary’s question doesn’t make sense, Jack thought. The central message of this book is that taking the time to help others can in return help you. In the beginning of the story, Jack was struggling to write a story for school. He took on a mission to help inspire Augusta, and even though it seemed impossible at times, he kept trying, and in return was inspired to write his story for school. ( )
  kjacks26 | Apr 26, 2014 |
Another beuatiful, interesting look at an obscure point in history. This book ha inspired me to do more reading on Lady Augusta Gregory. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 23, 2012 |
Leprechaun are my favourite, but reading is more important so when an author combines the two, it create favourtism in the air. ( )
  alexmcdonald | Jan 12, 2012 |
This book is part of a series of adventures in which the two main characters, young Jack and Annie stumble upon a magic tree house previously owned by a magical leprechaun hoping to better the world. In this adventure, Jack and Annie travel back in time to the nineteenth century in Ireland to convince a sad young girl to share her artistic talents with the world. This book would be appropriate for independent readers in grades 4-6. The themes addressed here are fiction, helping others, identity and mythology. ( )
  Kaberasturi | Oct 26, 2011 |
They can grow small or grow large. They can take what shape they choose...They go by us in a cloud of dust; they are as many as the blades of grass. They are everywhere.
--from Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland
by Lady Gregory
For Lillian Grogan Osborne Reynolds, and with special thanks to Dan Ringuette
Dear Reader,
A few years ago I visited County Galway in Ireland.
Prologue: One summer day in Frog Creek, Pennsylvania, a mysterious tree house appeared in the woods.

Jack and Annie are on their third mission to find (and inspire!) creative people to bring happiness to others through the arts (Mozart and Louis Armstrong so far). Set in Ireland, Jack and Annie meet an Irish girl and go on a magical adventure that changes the girl’s life—she grows up to be Lady Gregory, who helped bring back the Irish legends, started a theater, and helped the Irish people regain both their heritage and their pride.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:27 -0400)

Jack and Annie travel back to 19th-century Ireland to inspire a young Augusta Gregory to share her love of Irish legends and folktales with the world.

105 wanted1 pay4 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,338,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible