Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Strega by Andrew Vachss

Strega (1987)

by Andrew Vachss

Series: Burke (2)

English (3)  Danish (1)  All languages (4)
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/11551602 ( )
  ISCCSandy | Apr 9, 2019 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/11551602 ( )
  ISCCSandy | Apr 9, 2019 |
In the second entry in the series, Burke continues to live and work just outside the law, scamming the crooked and bringing down the depraved. Here we learn more of Burke’s past and why his bond with the supporting characters we’ve already met is so strong. The novel is anything but streamlined but Vachss is such an excellent storyteller that it doesn’t matter. The only fault, and a minor one at that, is that I was surprised to find Burke still pining over Flood, whom he lost in the previous book. At the time I’d never gotten the sense that that loss was so overpowering. But that might just be me. ( )
  JohnWCuluris | Jun 25, 2016 |

Andrew Vachssprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eager, DarrellCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gaffney, EvanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Doc, who heard it all while he was down here.
For Mary Lou, who can hear it all now.
For Sam, who finally gave up his part-time job.
And for Bobby who died trying.

Different paths to the same door.
It started with a kid.

Andrew Vachss's implacable private eye has a new client, Strega. She wants Burke to find an obscene photograph—and that search will take him into the ocean that flows just beneath the city, an ocean whose currents are flesh and money, the anguish of children and the pleasure of twisted adults. It is a place that Burke can visit only at the risk of his sanity and his life. But between the power of Strega and his own sense of justice, there is no turning back.

In Strega one of our most acclaimed crime writers gives us a thriller that might have been imagined by Dante. For this is a tour of hell with no stops left out, conducted by a novelist who writes with the authority of the damned.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:53 -0400)

Private eye and ex con Burke is on the trail of a photograph that haunts the dreams of a sexually abused six-year-old boy.

Andrew Vachss is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,502,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible