No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Flesh Circus by Lilith Saintcrow

Whenever I'm reading in this series I'm always reminded of this creepy gif. The hell spawn have this trolling feel to them.

This time let's not forget that there are cockroaches to add to the ick factor. I think Saintcrow really out did herself with this series. Is it going to get better or worse? Hopefully I'll be able to find the next in the series. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
Fall-Winter-2010
  lencicki | Aug 28, 2013 |
Fall-Winter-2010
  orbitbooks | May 9, 2013 |
When I see a book described as having "nonstop action" I don't really take it literally. But it's pretty much true here - the book starts with a brawl and reels from fistfight to zombie attack to voodoo spirit possession until the very (creepy) end. It probably wouldn't work well as an intro to the series for that reason, but it holds up if you already have the context. ( )
  JeremyPreacher | Mar 30, 2013 |
So the Jill Kismet series is turning into a series which I like but don't really enjoy. I like Saintcrow's writing; her worlds are fascinating, her tone is dark and edgy, and her style is just, well, cool.
Unfortunately Flesh Circus didn't really hold my attention. I think the main problem is that it's always set on go, the pace is kind of Gabba-like, rather than any sort of ebb and flow. This also means she doesn't allow the characters a lot of interesting emotional interchange. ( )
  flemmily | Feb 22, 2010 |
Bonitas non est pessimis esse meliorem.

—Seneca
To L.I.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316035459, Mass Market Paperback)

The Cirque de Charnu has come.

They will clean out the demons and the suicides, and move on. As long as they stay within the rules, Jill Kismet can't deny them entry. But she can watch--and if they step out of line, she'll send them packing.

When Cirque performers start dying grotesquely, Kismet has to find out why, or the fragile truce won't hold and her entire city will become a carnival of horror. She also has to play the resident hellbreed power against the Cirque to keep them in line, and find out why ordinary people are needing exorcisms. And then there's the murdered voodoo practitioners, and the zombies.

An ancient vengeance is about to be enacted. The Cirque is about to explode. And Jill Kismet is about to find out some games are played for keeps...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:50 -0400)

"The Cirque De Charnu has come to town...When circus performers start dying grotesquely, Jill Kismet has to find out why, or the entire city will become a carnival of horror. She also has to play the resident hellbreed power against the Cirque to keep them in line, and find out why ordinary people are needing exorcisms. And then there's the murdered voodoo practitioners, and the zombies. Jill Kismet is about to find out that some games are for keeps."--p.[4] of cover.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,483,431 books! | Top bar: Always visible