Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss

by Richelle Mead

Series: Vampire Academy (3)

English (114)  German (1)  All languages (115)
I love love love this series. This book was very good but very depressing at the same time. I still can't believe it! My Poor Dimitri. I just really hope this turns out for the best in the next book. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Aaargh!!!! Ugh!!!! Grrr!!! Finally, I think we might get a HEA for Rose and Dmitri, and then this happens! Again, Argh!

I devoured this book in less than 24 hours, it's really hard to put down. Rose faces a growing darkness around her and a lot of the book is spent slowly teasing out why (although most of it was pretty obvious [to me at least] from the beginning). There was one instance that I actually yelled out loud, "No, don't do it!" but for the most part I felt like her actions were pretty believable, given the circumstances. The love scene with Dmitri and Rose was pretty disappointing, particularly given that Mead is not shy about writing a great sex scene. I get that this is YA, but seriously, even though I was glad, it was in a very detached way.

But ugh! Why, why, why the dark ending?! I am trying to keep in my head the fortune that the psychic gave her, in hopes that love can conquer all or some such, but....I don't know. It seems like Blood Promise is going to be a mighty lonely book. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Dimitri and Rose, lust, love and romance are off the board for them. Duty comes first it is the way things are. The Royals are to be protected, the guardians don't get to care about each other. That is all they know, all they believe, and everything that is expected. Not, all are happy with this level of submission. Powers are being questioned, controls be tested and perhaps a new old way to survive even.

Holy crispy tatter tots, What an ending ! I was sniffling many times, loosing my hope and my heart along with these characters. This was a dark time for the gang. Rose had the hardest time of all I think. She was played, mistrusted, misunderstood, and most importantly broken. What a beat down for her in so many ways. Dimitri, oh boy we saw his heart open, we saw the smile and we saw the dark cave good bye. Mason, sad eyes, lost and trying to communicate. The wicked Queen with her manipulations. Dark, dark, dark.
The happiness was brief but so bright it almost made it a happy read.

The connection was finally made, the choice to take a risk so genuine and heartfelt. The development of powers, and knowledge.
I really liked this one it played an evil game with my heart but it played it well. I can;t wait to find out the next step for them and yet I'm taking a rest. I fear for what they might have to do and I'm just not ready. I am a wimpy hearted reader, sensitive to lose and pain. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The whole book was amazing, except the very end. It DEVASTATED me! I was crying so hard. This book was the best of the series... despite the ending. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
It was awesome! ( )
  KylieM_PirateQueen | Jan 16, 2016 |

Richelle Meadprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nephews, Jordan and Austin
His fingertips slid along my back, applying hardly any pressure, yet sending shock waves over my flesh.

While Rose is coping with the darker effects of being shadow-kissed, her relationship with Dimitri is finally taking off, and when he disappears during a Strigoi attack on St. Vladimir's Academy, she must make a terrible choice.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,826,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible