Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss

by Richelle Mead

Series: Vampire Academy (3)

English (119)  German (1)  All (120)
Summary: Rose has told Dimitri that she loves him. It is against the rules for a guardian like Rose to love. Her main purpose in life is to watch over Lissa. Can Rose keep her feelings to herself, or will she risk everything to be with Dimitri.

Personal Response: These books keep on brining it. I am floored at how much I love these novels, and how action packed they are. Each novel has a different thing happen, but the love triangle is still very much noticeable. I would suggest this series over and over again. I can’t wait to finish the series.

Curriculum Connection: This whole series would be shelved on the vampire shelves, and would be a great read for struggling readers. ( )
  Lisette25 | Feb 26, 2017 |
Wow, I'm so devastated. I loved it, but it's killed me. When I started this series, I did not expect it to be so deep. There are so very many great characters. I have fallen for them all. Each loss chips my soul. I will definitely be continuing this. I love when a story pulls me in so much and controls my feelings. Excellent book. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
OMG. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
4.5 stars

Attention: Some Spoilers if you haven't read the previous books!!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself just a little, but I need to say this. This book made me cry. A lot. I know a lot of readers said that they were expecting this book to end the way it did and that they weren't surprised by it, but I really didn't see it coming.

One of the things that I loved in this book is that we see Christian show us that the Moroi can actually do something other than hide and be the perfect targets for the evil vampires. And that scene with him and Rose was great.

Another thing that I loved is that we get to see the guardians fight. It really shows what they can do and why they're good at being bodyguards.

We also get more Adrian silliness and that's always good. Even though I'm not on Adrian's team in this series, I do believe he's a good character. I feel like he has a lot of growing up to do, but I do appreciate the way he comes and makes certain really tense scenes become funny or easier to read.

The only reason I can't give this book a full 5 cups rating is because of one little scene that I've waited ever since Dimitri admitted that he had feelings for Rose, in Frostbite. If you've read the book, you know that I'm talking about the cabin scene. I just felt that the scene where Rose and Dimitri are cursed back in the first book was way hotter and sexier than this one. Also, Lissa and Christian's scenes (I think we get only two? maybe three?) are sexier than this famous cabin scene. I know it's a YA series and therefore you can't expect the same amount of hotness as in an adult book, but I feel like it could have been better.

Like I said before, I cried at the ending. I jumped right into the next one because I didn't want to believe that that was it. I think it's been a while since a book in a series made me want to go ahead and read the next one so soon and so fast. It's good when that happens.

Again, I'll tell you what I've told you before: if you haven't read the series, don't wait, go ahead and read it. It is amazing. ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |

Richelle Meadprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cardoso, InesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dias, MariannaPrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nephews, Jordan and Austin
His fingertips slid along my back, applying hardly any pressure, yet sending shock waves over my flesh.

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy and Rose is close to graduation, but since making her first Strigoi kills, things haven't felt quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all ...might be seeing ghosts. Consumed by her forbidden love with her tutor Dimitri and protecting her best friend, the Moroi princess Lissa, Rose is in no state to see the deadly threat that will change her entire world - and make her choose between the two people she loves most.

While Rose is coping with the darker effects of being shadow-kissed, her relationship with Dimitri is finally taking off, and when he disappears during a Strigoi attack on St. Vladimir's Academy, she must make a terrible choice.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,173,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible