Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) by…

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Richelle Mead

2,888None2,023 (4.38)38
Member:aaker
Title:Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:Razorbill (2008), Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

2009 (18) boarding school (16) dhampir (12) ebook (12) fantasy (84) fiction (80) friendship (17) ghosts (12) high school (10) horror (10) love (11) magic (23) own (13) paranormal (56) paranormal romance (19) read (32) richelle mead (15) romance (52) series (34) strigoi (10) supernatural (26) teen (23) to-read (40) urban fantasy (51) Vampire Academy (71) vampire academy series (21) vampires (265) YA (83) young adult (121) young adult fiction (12)

English (101)  German (1)  All languages (102)
I keep thinking this series is going to start losing steam but instead, it keeps getting better! And it was already good to begin with! I am so impressed!
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
The third book definitely didn't disappoint. It centers around Rose dealing with the aftermath of Mason's death while going through her field work, and also Rose and Dimitri's developing relationship. It was action-packed with a great climax, as well as a heartbreaking ending. I'm looking forward to Rose's journey and how she copes with her newest loss. ( )
  NicoleGorr | Mar 21, 2014 |
I can't believe that just happened, why do I always finish these books when I'm not home to start the next one?! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Rose Hathaway is to graduate soon. However, visions of the ghost of Mason keep interfering. She definitely loves Dimitri but knows it is a forbidden love. She also realizes that she is taking on the dark aura oh Lissa. The ghost of Mason is trying to warn her. Will the guardians listen to her in time? ( )
  creighley | Feb 18, 2014 |
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate it when publishers are too cheap or lazy to put a series page inside the front of the book? No? Well, let me tell you I loathe it! As an extensive reader I get so aggravated at having to bounce back and forth looking at copyright pages to find the publication dates. AND THEN you may get more than one book "copyrighted" in the same year. When that happens, you end up having to research it online; or, in the case of many patrons, go to the librarian or book seller looking for the answer.

Now you may be wondering what this has to do with reviewing this book. Well, you see, this is book #3 and I have not yet read book #2. So I have now read a book out of sequence, which I also loathe.

The good news is, it didn't impair the reading of this novel at all. There were some elements that seemed a little foregone or unexplained; but overall this book was great. And to be fair, I probably missed building elements that were in book #2. This was a much better read then book #1.

A few of the complaints that I had in the first book were "ironed out" in the process of this book. The story still focuses on characters over plot, but this works for a teen novel.

The bad news is, I have no idea how I'll feel about book #2. Any tense moments may seem anti-climatic after reading #3. I suppose I'll have to do my best to be fair. ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |

Richelle Meadprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nephews, Jordan and Austin
His fingertips slid along my back, applying hardly any pressure, yet sending shock waves over my flesh.

While Rose is coping with the darker effects of being shadow-kissed, her relationship with Dimitri is finally taking off, and when he disappears during a Strigoi attack on St. Vladimir's Academy, she must make a terrible choice.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible