Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) by…

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Richelle Mead

Title:Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3)
Authors:Richelle Mead
Info:Razorbill (2008), Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

English (115)  German (1)  All languages (116)
4.5 stars

Attention: Some Spoilers if you haven't read the previous books!!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself just a little, but I need to say this. This book made me cry. A lot. I know a lot of readers said that they were expecting this book to end the way it did and that they weren't surprised by it, but I really didn't see it coming.

One of the things that I loved in this book is that we see Christian show us that the Moroi can actually do something other than hide and be the perfect targets for the evil vampires. And that scene with him and Rose was great.

Another thing that I loved is that we get to see the guardians fight. It really shows what they can do and why they're good at being bodyguards.

We also get more Adrian silliness and that's always good. Even though I'm not on Adrian's team in this series, I do believe he's a good character. I feel like he has a lot of growing up to do, but I do appreciate the way he comes and makes certain really tense scenes become funny or easier to read.

The only reason I can't give this book a full 5 cups rating is because of one little scene that I've waited ever since Dimitri admitted that he had feelings for Rose, in Frostbite. If you've read the book, you know that I'm talking about the cabin scene. I just felt that the scene where Rose and Dimitri are cursed back in the first book was way hotter and sexier than this one. Also, Lissa and Christian's scenes (I think we get only two? maybe three?) are sexier than this famous cabin scene. I know it's a YA series and therefore you can't expect the same amount of hotness as in an adult book, but I feel like it could have been better.

Like I said before, I cried at the ending. I jumped right into the next one because I didn't want to believe that that was it. I think it's been a while since a book in a series made me want to go ahead and read the next one so soon and so fast. It's good when that happens.

Again, I'll tell you what I've told you before: if you haven't read the series, don't wait, go ahead and read it. It is amazing. ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
October was weird.. read a lot of terrible vampire books haha
But this series is sort of a guilty pleasure ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
I love love love this series. This book was very good but very depressing at the same time. I still can't believe it! My Poor Dimitri. I just really hope this turns out for the best in the next book. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Aaargh!!!! Ugh!!!! Grrr!!! Finally, I think we might get a HEA for Rose and Dmitri, and then this happens! Again, Argh!

I devoured this book in less than 24 hours, it's really hard to put down. Rose faces a growing darkness around her and a lot of the book is spent slowly teasing out why (although most of it was pretty obvious [to me at least] from the beginning). There was one instance that I actually yelled out loud, "No, don't do it!" but for the most part I felt like her actions were pretty believable, given the circumstances. The love scene with Dmitri and Rose was pretty disappointing, particularly given that Mead is not shy about writing a great sex scene. I get that this is YA, but seriously, even though I was glad, it was in a very detached way.

But ugh! Why, why, why the dark ending?! I am trying to keep in my head the fortune that the psychic gave her, in hopes that love can conquer all or some such, but....I don't know. It seems like Blood Promise is going to be a mighty lonely book. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Dimitri and Rose, lust, love and romance are off the board for them. Duty comes first it is the way things are. The Royals are to be protected, the guardians don't get to care about each other. That is all they know, all they believe, and everything that is expected. Not, all are happy with this level of submission. Powers are being questioned, controls be tested and perhaps a new old way to survive even.

Holy crispy tatter tots, What an ending ! I was sniffling many times, loosing my hope and my heart along with these characters. This was a dark time for the gang. Rose had the hardest time of all I think. She was played, mistrusted, misunderstood, and most importantly broken. What a beat down for her in so many ways. Dimitri, oh boy we saw his heart open, we saw the smile and we saw the dark cave good bye. Mason, sad eyes, lost and trying to communicate. The wicked Queen with her manipulations. Dark, dark, dark.
The happiness was brief but so bright it almost made it a happy read.

The connection was finally made, the choice to take a risk so genuine and heartfelt. The development of powers, and knowledge.
I really liked this one it played an evil game with my heart but it played it well. I can;t wait to find out the next step for them and yet I'm taking a rest. I fear for what they might have to do and I'm just not ready. I am a wimpy hearted reader, sensitive to lose and pain. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Richelle Meadprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nephews, Jordan and Austin
His fingertips slid along my back, applying hardly any pressure, yet sending shock waves over my flesh.

While Rose is coping with the darker effects of being shadow-kissed, her relationship with Dimitri is finally taking off, and when he disappears during a Strigoi attack on St. Vladimir's Academy, she must make a terrible choice.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,702,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible