First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg

First Day Jitters (edition 2000)

by Julie Danneberg, Judith Dufour Love (Illustrator)

Member:MelissaSiobhan
Title:First Day Jitters
Authors:Julie Danneberg
Other authors:Judith Dufour Love (Illustrator)
Info:Whispering Coyote Pr (2000), School & Library Binding, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:first day of school, fiction, nerves, realistic fiction, feelings, school, twist plot, read aloud, anxiety, teacher, students

First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg

Funny concept, which I think could be used to comfort a kid who's worried about starting at a new school.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
I love this book. I think it's great for kids to see that even adults get nervous on the first day at a new job, not just them. It is also good for kids who have just moved to a new school and who may not know anyone. ( )
  the1jag | Jan 14, 2016 |
teachers and students in kindergarten and first grade would like this book because it would be a great way to break the ice on the first day of school.
  whitneyosborne | Jan 11, 2016 |
This is a fun book to read during the first week of school. The character is nervous and doesn't want to go to school. This is something that students might relate to. There is a surprise at the end when the reader finds out the the main character is a teacher and not a student!
  carldgibson | Dec 16, 2015 |
First Day Jitters is a book that all teachers can relate too. This book follows Mrs. Hartwell on her first day of something. We see our main character become screed, and frightened over the first day of this mystery event. The illustrations in the book are very comical since the characters in the story are drawn very well we are able to seed the emotions on each characters face. This helps us relate tot ehway the characters are feeling. This book is very relatable to any teacher, or student who has ever been nervous for a first day. This book helps give good tools, and ideas in order to beat the first day jitters. This could be a good book for children in kindergarten through fourth grade who are nervous to start a new adventure. This is a book that teachers could read on their first day of class to show that it is okay to be nervous, but we all must face our fears at some point. ( )
  cross67 | Dec 3, 2015 |
To Jack and Buddie -J.D.
For Matthew, who never gets "first day jitters" but willingly posed for me anyway, with love -J.L.

Good book for showing that teachers can be nervous too.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158089061X, Paperback)

FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. Sarah is afraid to start at a new school, but both she and the reader are in for a surprise when she gets to her class.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:36 -0400)

Charlesbridge

4 editions of this book were published by Charlesbridge.

Editions: 158089061X, 1580890547, 1580891268, 1580891470

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,264,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible