Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Bite Me: A Love Story (edition 2011)

by Christopher Moore

Title:Bite Me: A Love Story
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:fiction, magical realism, satire, a love story

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Loved this. Abby Normal the minion of the vampire mistress is back at it. This one has Abby actually turning into a vampire herself but with a tail. Yes a tail. There are also vampire cats in this one. Funny in parts and a very fun read. Is written through the voice of various characters in the book, Abby, The Animals, as well as Foo and Jody. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Aug 1, 2015 |
This is the last book in the trilogy. This is the one that I didn't like out of all three of them. I'll do the review channeling Abby Normal since she was the most annoying character in this book.

'Kayso at first I thought it was all going to be about the awesome Abby Normal who I pictured who would be rad looking with her boots and such. Luckily it wasn't all about her bodacious self. 'Kayso I was happy to see the yummy Flood and countess Jody back in action as well as the weird Emperor dude.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/88040.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Apr 13, 2015 |
I am not a fan of vampire fiction but I thought a book by Christopher Moore would probably be funny at least. Bite Me delivers a few chuckles certainly. However, it is still about vampires and not my cup of tea.

The story is set in San Francisco. It is told from the point of view of a number of people but the chief protagonist calls herself Abby Normal and her part of the story is told in the first person. The fact that she is a teenager in California with a goth persona is revealed by her sentence structure which is full of "like" "all" "whatever" "'Kayso" etc. I got tired very quickly of this. Abby is a minion to two vampires, Jody and Tommy, and she has a boyfriend, Foo, who is working on his master's degree in biochemistry. (Incidentally, Foo seems like a really smart guy but he was not thinking with his brain when he hooked up with Abby.) Jody was made a vampire by a really old vampire who sailed into the San Francisco harbour on his yacht. Jody then turned Tommy and they fell in love. The old vampire created more vampires, including a homeless guy's cat, before being rescued and removed by some of his coherts. The resulting plague of vampires is sweeping through San Francisco and two homicide cops, Rivera and Cavuto, are trying to contain it. Foo has developed a way to reverse the vampirism and also has invented some jackets with LED lights that will kill them. There is also a Japanese print maker who manages to kill some with a sword. However, it looks like the vampires, especially the vampire cats, might win out.

One of the cutest bits involves the Chinese grandmother who passes on her recipe for vampire fighting tea. I also liked the Emperor of San Francisco and his two dogs (or his men as he calls them). And then there was the blonde Rastafarian yacht captain...
It is Christopher Moore after all so there is lots to enjoy. ( )
  gypsysmom | Nov 16, 2014 |
This book is part of a trilogy and is fun and bizarre. ( )
  kresslya | Jul 27, 2014 |
Vampire cats? San Francisco? Inept cops? A Honda full of rats? What more could you want? Oh, yeah, there were also a few parrots a sword swinging artist, the Emperor of SF, and, like, a teenage wannabe vampire.

This was my "Blind Date With a Book" from my local library and a fine date it was. ( )
  seeword | Feb 23, 2014 |

Christopher Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staehle, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The City of San Francisco is being stalked by a huge, shaved vampyre cat named Chet, and only I, Abby Normal, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay Area night, and my manga-haired love monkey, Foo Dog, stand between the ravenous monster and a bloody massacre of the general public. Which isn't as bad as it sounds, because the general public kind of sucks ass.

San Franciscan goth girl Abby Normal and her brainiac boyfriend, Stephen "Foo Dog" Wong, pursue a vampire cat and his minions, but things become even more complicated with the arrival of three ancient vampires intent on getting some payback.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,722,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible