Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Bite Me: A Love Story (edition 2011)

by Christopher Moore

Member:bluedream
Title:Bite Me: A Love Story
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, magical realism, satire, a love story

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Not for kids. Funny, quite entertaining, and a fun ride. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
When we last left the young Goth girl, want-to-be vampire, Abby Normal, in Christopher Moore's "Blood Sucking Fiends" series, she has bronzed the vampire she serves, the recently turned Jody and her sired lover, Tommy while they slept and the Animals, Safeway's night shelf stocking crew's vampirism has been cured. As this novel opens Jody has escaped her bronze prison by turning into mist leaving Tommy who has yet learned this trick. A large, hairless and vampire cat named Chet is draining the homeless population of San Francisco of blood while also leaving a mischief of vampire rats in his wake. If matters can't become worse, a trio of ancient vampires, like the one who turned Jody, are attempting to eradicate any evidence of their existence by killing all who have been turned by their now deceased member. If my summary finds yourself scratching your head in confusion or chuckling to yourself, welcome to Christopher Moore's wacky world. ( )
  John_Warner | Feb 18, 2016 |
I have really mixed feelings about this book. In comparison to the first two: Blood Sucking Fiends and You Suck, this book failed miserably. It seemed as if Moore was stuck for a reasonable story line to make it work.

On one hand I liked being able to read about Jodi, Tommy & the animals again........but there wasn't really enough of them & their story until nearly the end of the book.

However, Abby-Obnoxious-Normal, really bit (pun intended)! She was brittle, dry, and over written....Moore wasted too much energy & time on her, trying to make her cutely "avante-garde" and he failed miserably. I HATED her, and I almost put the book down after reading the first 3 pages. Her opening vulgar rant was too over the top contrived and unnecessary, that it ruined the book for me.

I wouldn't waste my money on this book, in fact it's sad that trees were killed to publish it.
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Absolutely love Abbie von Normal! She really spices up this story! ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
OK, I guess it's official. I do like Christopher Moore a lot more than I thought. These books are just a riot. Laughing out loud too many times to rate this anything less than 5 stars. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |

Christopher Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staehle, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The City of San Francisco is being stalked by a huge, shaved vampyre cat named Chet, and only I, Abby Normal, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay Area night, and my manga-haired love monkey, Foo Dog, stand between the ravenous monster and a bloody massacre of the general public. Which isn't as bad as it sounds, because the general public kind of sucks ass.

San Franciscan goth girl Abby Normal and her brainiac boyfriend, Stephen "Foo Dog" Wong, pursue a vampire cat and his minions, but things become even more complicated with the arrival of three ancient vampires intent on getting some payback.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,958,798 books! | Top bar: Always visible