Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Bite Me: A Love Story (edition 2011)

by Christopher Moore

Title:Bite Me: A Love Story
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:fiction, magical realism, satire, a love story

Bite Me by Christopher Moore

Tommy and Jody are vampires and their minion, Abby, has encased them in bronze.
******END SPOILER******

Meanwhile, the city is being overrun by vampire cats.

I really liked the first in the series, and the second one was good. This one, I did not like. I really dislike Abby (even mentioned it in my review of You Suck), and she was more of a focus in this one. She is really annoying, and I hate her teenspeak. The first chapter particularly put me off the book – it was a recap of the first two books, which is fine, but it was all retold by Abby in her annoying way. Chapters that focused on other people were better, but not enough to pull up my rating. I know it's meant to be funny, but this one just seemed way too ridiculous for me. At least it didn't take long to read (though it was helped along by me sometimes skimming). ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 19, 2016 |
Man, I love Christopher Moore. I tend to forget how great his books are until I pick up another one. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
This was cool. I do wish that there was more to the end though, It would have been nice to see what exactly happened to Jody.

I hope that there are further stories for this series, as I enjoyed every word written by the author. The books were just the right size and were packed with action and tons of comedy. Truly enjoyed them all. ( )
1 vote Katlers | Jun 15, 2016 |
I gave it a shot. But between the tiresome recounting of what happened in "You Suck" and the annoying vocal mannerisms of Abby Normal, I couldn't finish. There are just too many other books out there to waste time on this. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Not for kids. Funny, quite entertaining, and a fun ride. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |

Christopher Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staehle, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The City of San Francisco is being stalked by a huge, shaved vampyre cat named Chet, and only I, Abby Normal, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay Area night, and my manga-haired love monkey, Foo Dog, stand between the ravenous monster and a bloody massacre of the general public. Which isn't as bad as it sounds, because the general public kind of sucks ass.

San Franciscan goth girl Abby Normal and her brainiac boyfriend, Stephen "Foo Dog" Wong, pursue a vampire cat and his minions, but things become even more complicated with the arrival of three ancient vampires intent on getting some payback.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,840,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible