Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Bite Me: A Love Story (edition 2011)

by Christopher Moore

Member:bluedream
Title:Bite Me: A Love Story
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, magical realism, satire, a love story

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

I have really mixed feelings about this book. In comparison to the first two: Blood Sucking Fiends and You Suck, this book failed miserably. It seemed as if Moore was stuck for a reasonable story line to make it work.

On one hand I liked being able to read about Jodi, Tommy & the animals again........but there wasn't really enough of them & their story until nearly the end of the book.

However, Abby-Obnoxious-Normal, really bit (pun intended)! She was brittle, dry, and over written....Moore wasted too much energy & time on her, trying to make her cutely "avante-garde" and he failed miserably. I HATED her, and I almost put the book down after reading the first 3 pages. Her opening vulgar rant was too over the top contrived and unnecessary, that it ruined the book for me.

I wouldn't waste my money on this book, in fact it's sad that trees were killed to publish it.
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Absolutely love Abbie von Normal! She really spices up this story! ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
OK, I guess it's official. I do like Christopher Moore a lot more than I thought. These books are just a riot. Laughing out loud too many times to rate this anything less than 5 stars. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |
As usual, Christopher Moore is equal parts funny and dramatic. The scene in which Jody breaks Tommy from the statue is pretty edge-of-your-seat, and the subsequent scenes that follow Tommy and Jody while they are apart brought a few sniffles. Just like book 3, I couldn't warm up to Abby, even though the scenes in which she became a vampire (and after) were pretty hilarious. I'm lukewarm about the ending. It was sad, but at the same time I thought that Jody and Tommy following their separate paths was a fitting finish, even if it was hinted that Tommy and Abby ended up together (blech.)

One more thing -- every scene in which Jared was with the two cops was pure gold. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Nov 28, 2015 |
In what looks like the final entry of the Love Story series, Chet the vampire cat has become something of a problem, attacking both other cats and people, Jody and Flood are bronzed this time and Elijah's other fledglings return to the city to clean up his mess.

This is my favorite of all of the Love Story book so far (granted it's been a while since I read the first two, fortunately Abby spends the first couple of pages catching us up on the past two books via her blog.) This one was just as silly and irreverant as the first two, but it also has a few more serious and kind moments that I really enjoyed and that kept it from getting too rediculous.

I loved Abby's blog updates and I know that considering the time when the first book takes place blogs and texting are a little out of place but I loved it anyway. The only thing that really threw me about this book was that the book would jump from character to character and when it jumped character it also seemed to jump time sometimes and I couldn't figure out if things were happening the next day or earlier the same day. But I really liked how the ending worked out and was very happy, I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Christopher Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staehle, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The City of San Francisco is being stalked by a huge, shaved vampyre cat named Chet, and only I, Abby Normal, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay Area night, and my manga-haired love monkey, Foo Dog, stand between the ravenous monster and a bloody massacre of the general public. Which isn't as bad as it sounds, because the general public kind of sucks ass.

San Franciscan goth girl Abby Normal and her brainiac boyfriend, Stephen "Foo Dog" Wong, pursue a vampire cat and his minions, but things become even more complicated with the arrival of three ancient vampires intent on getting some payback.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,270,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible