Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (edition 2011)

by Chelsea Handler

Member:snoangel
Title:Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang
Authors:Chelsea Handler
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:2013, Your library
Rating:***

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Most stand-up comedians don't translate their funny onto the written page very well, and I don't think Chelsea Handler is an exception. She's crazy and vulgar, sure, but... I just didn't laugh. Not even really sure why I checked this book out, but it had a loooong waiting list, so I guess lots of other people like it. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Liked it a little better than her other books. Some stories were funnier that others and 1 or 2 were just plain offensive. Definatly could have left out the first chapter. I almost didnt bother with the rest of the book after reading it. ( )
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
  micahmom2002 | Jan 25, 2016 |
Review for audiobook - 1 star story ♫ 2 stars narration. Well, let's just say that chapter 1 starts out with her incessantly masturbating at the age of 8!!!!! (GROSS) Stories of her dry humping a swing set during recess. PPPLLLLLEEEAAASSEEE. This was horrible. Seriously, if she didn't want to write a book then she should have just left it alone. I bet she laughs every time someone buys the book because the joke is for sure on them. This was complete trash! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
"Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang" makes you wish that Handler would start focusing her talent on subjects more worthy of her wit. Or another way to put it: It's one thing to have an original voice, it's another thing to keep it.

Released March 9, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang explores the twisted lifestyle the author leads. Whether it’s a series of e-mails between siblings or a detailed joke played on her CEO boyfriend, Handler fails in her attempt to create an essay with any significance.

The stories in Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang are smart, clever and embarrassingly relatable – spewing from the mind of someone you wished was in your closest circle. This is definitely a book with a bang, one that you will most likely read in one sitting and will leave your jaw sore with laughter.

To my brothers and sisters. What ... a bunch of assholes.
I was eight years old and well into the third grade at Riker Hill Elementary School when I fell head over heels in love with myself.

Life doesn't get more hilarious than when Chelsea Handler takes aim with her irreverent wit. Who else would send all-staff emails to smoke out the dumbest people on her show? Now, in this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood.

Family moments are fair game, whether it's writing a report on Reaganomics to earn a Cabbage Patch doll, or teaching her father social graces by ordering him to stay indoors. It's open season on her love life, from playing a prank on her boyfriend (using a ravioli, a fake autopsy, and the Santa Monica pier) to adopting a dog so she can snuggle with someone who doesn't talk. And everyone better duck for cover when her beach vacation turns into matchmaking gone wild. Outrageously funny and deliciously wicked, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang is good good good good!

Chelsea Handler on...

- Being unpopular: "My parents couldn't have been more unreasonable when it came to fads or clothes that weren't purchased at a pharmacy."

- Living with her boyfriend: "He's similar to a large toddler, the only difference being he doesn't cry when he wakes up."

- Appreciating her brother: "He's a certified public accountant, and I have a real life."

- Arm-wrestling a maid of honor: "It wasn't her strength that intimidated me. It was the starry way her eyes focused on me, like Mike Tyson getting ready to feed."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

In this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,639,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible