Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (edition 2011)

by Chelsea Handler

Title:Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang
Authors:Chelsea Handler
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:2013, Your library

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

might have appreciated this book if I had read Handler's other books first, but it still made a certain degree of sense on its own. Some of the essays were a little pointless, and at times Handler tried way too hard to be funny, which took away any of the humor that might have shown through on its own. That being said, after two weeks of putting down books unfinished just because they didn't grab my attention, I finished this one, so that has to mean something. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
I was a fan of hers before I ever read a single word she wrote, and now my appreciation for her style has gone through the roof. She's the funniest female I've ever read and incredibly clever. She is exactly what I hoped David Sedaris would be, as she's just great and Sedaris sucks. My only problem with the book was there was a lot more Chelsea Chelsea and not enough Bang Bang. Fortunately, she has two other books that have more of the former and the latter, respectively. I'm gonna get my hands on 'em right away.
  MartinBodek | Jun 11, 2015 |
Chelsea and I would never be best buds. She's way too much of a party girl for this nerd. It was amusing to read about her exploits, but oy. Kinda wild. ( )
  ennie | Oct 5, 2013 |
If you love Chelsea, you'll love this book. If, however, you pick it up on a whim without knowing who she is and/or are easily offended by rambling tales about alcohol abuse and prepubescent masturbation (as one of the previous reviewers was), then maybe not so much. I myself am a HUGE Chelsea fan AND I have a completely bizarre sense of humour - so this was right up my alley! ( )
  sophie.in.mtl | Jun 21, 2013 |
The last chapter is by far the best! Not as funny as her previous books, but a valiant effort. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 12, 2013 |
"Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang" makes you wish that Handler would start focusing her talent on subjects more worthy of her wit. Or another way to put it: It's one thing to have an original voice, it's another thing to keep it.
Released March 9, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang explores the twisted lifestyle the author leads. Whether it’s a series of e-mails between siblings or a detailed joke played on her CEO boyfriend, Handler fails in her attempt to create an essay with any significance.
The stories in Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang are smart, clever and embarrassingly relatable – spewing from the mind of someone you wished was in your closest circle. This is definitely a book with a bang, one that you will most likely read in one sitting and will leave your jaw sore with laughter.
To my brothers and sisters. What ... a bunch of assholes.
I was eight years old and well into the third grade at Riker Hill Elementary School when I fell head over heels in love with myself.

Life doesn't get more hilarious than when Chelsea Handler takes aim with her irreverent wit. Who else would send all-staff emails to smoke out the dumbest people on her show? Now, in this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood.

Family moments are fair game, whether it's writing a report on Reaganomics to earn a Cabbage Patch doll, or teaching her father social graces by ordering him to stay indoors. It's open season on her love life, from playing a prank on her boyfriend (using a ravioli, a fake autopsy, and the Santa Monica pier) to adopting a dog so she can snuggle with someone who doesn't talk. And everyone better duck for cover when her beach vacation turns into matchmaking gone wild. Outrageously funny and deliciously wicked, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang is good good good good!

Chelsea Handler on...

- Being unpopular: "My parents couldn't have been more unreasonable when it came to fads or clothes that weren't purchased at a pharmacy."

- Living with her boyfriend: "He's similar to a large toddler, the only difference being he doesn't cry when he wakes up."

- Appreciating her brother: "He's a certified public accountant, and I have a real life."

- Arm-wrestling a maid of honor: "It wasn't her strength that intimidated me. It was the starry way her eyes focused on me, like Mike Tyson getting ready to feed."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

In this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood.

142 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,862,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible