I Am Rosa Parks (Easy-to-Read, Puffin) by…

I Am Rosa Parks (Easy-to-Read, Puffin)

by Rosa Parks

Other authors: Wil Clay (Illustrator), Jim Haskins (Author)

This did teach me something new. I thought she didn't give up her seat because her feet hurt. It was great to learn the truth. She was just tired if the injustice. ( )
  lvalido | Oct 25, 2013 |
" I Am Rosa Parks", is autobiography/biography about the life of civil rights leader Rosa Parks. The story is told from her, Rosa Pars, point of view which makes this book extra special. It clarifies the misconceptions that some people my have believed about her. The story opens up with the climax of her story entitled " I was arrested", this gives a vivid detail about what the story is about and why it is so important to African American cultural and American history. Another key factor is how the author was very conscious about informing the reader of the exact settings of her story. This gives the reader a unconscious awareness of how geographical locations differ in even the United States. It also is a great reader to help "paint a picture" for student when teaching about segregation in social studies. All in all, this book should be among 3rd grade an above classrooms, however just remain conscious about some of the content like white people, black people, which may cause questions or concerns. ( )
  Tiff16Lyle | Sep 14, 2013 |
This book is about Rosa parks, an African-American who fighted against the segregation of black and white people. A nice book about an awesome person. The story is impressing! ( )
  rgraf1 | Apr 17, 2013 |
This is a nice book written by Rosa Parks about her involvement with the Jim Crow laws. We all know how that ended, but this book lets readers to see her thoughts. She tells us why she did not give up her seat to the white man on the bus, and why the bus boycott was successful. Readers get a firsthand account of the goings on of the 50’s and 60’s. Tis book is unique because it is firsthand information geared towards children. She tells us about the changes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was aiming for, and tells us she helped the cause by making speeches to encourage that change.

This book was written to interest children in grades K-3 and is on a 2.8 reading level. ( )
  vwhitt | Nov 13, 2012 |
In Rosa Park's biography, she informs readers of her life growing up and how one of her brave act made a big impact on the segregation that took place in Montgomery, Alabama in the year of 1955. ( )
  JTNguyen | Apr 13, 2012 |

Rosa Parksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clay, WilIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Haskins, JimAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The black woman whose acts of civil disobedience led to the 1956 Supreme Court order to desegregate buses in Montgomery, Alabama, explains what she did and why.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,640,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible