Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir…

Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin (edition 2010)

by Kathy Griffin

Member:tamarajp
Title:Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin
Authors:Kathy Griffin
Info:
Rating:***1/2

Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin by Kathy Griffin

Highly enjoyable. ( )
  usefuljack | May 17, 2013 |
My favorite fact that I learned about KG in this book: She's never had a drink. She's truly got an incredible work ethic and I am going to go set-up the DVR to record her show right now. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 13, 2013 |
Hilaaaarious. Genuine & real. I loved it. ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
So, apparently my trashy celebrity bio book club is trying to get a really well-rounded view of Brooke Shields and her meaning within celebrity culture.
We've now seen perspectives from Griffin and Agassi--next up, Tom Cruise! ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
I listened to this on audiotape. I have always enjoyed Kathy Griffin and her sense of humor. I appreciated her life story and was glad I heard it.. It was hysterical and really touching in lots of ways.

I am glad I listened to it instead of read it b'c her style of writing is better suited to her voice. I am sure if I had read it I might have been flummoxed by the way it was written, but listening to it meant it was alot like hearing a girlfriend talk about what was going on in her life on the telephone. It was a very conversational style PLUS I love her voice. I find it really humorous and fun to hear. ( )
  purlewe | Apr 1, 2013 |
“Book Club” is funny, honest and refreshingly unsentimental.
added by Shortride | editNew York Post, Fern Siegel (Sep 13, 2009)

With a foreword begging Oprah to be on her show and a chapter called ''Brooke Shields, Don't Read This,'' Kathy Griffin's autobiography, Official Book Club Selection, is everything you'd expect. What makes it a terrific read, though, is all the stuff you wouldn't expect.

Have you ever looked at the online photos of Britney's peesh?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345518519, Hardcover)

Book Description
Official Book Club Selection is Kathy Griffin unplugged, uncensored, and unafraid to dish about what really happens on the road, away from the cameras, and at the star party after the show. (It’s also her big chance to score that coveted book club endorsement she’s always wanted. Are you there, Oprah? It’s me, Kathy.)

Kathy Griffin has won Emmys for her reality show Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, been nominated for a Grammy, worked and walked every red carpet known to man, and rung in the New Year with Anderson Cooper. But the legions of fans who pack Kathy’s sold-out comedy shows have heard only part of her remarkable story. Writing with her trademark wit, the feisty comic settles a few old scores, celebrates the friends and mentors who helped her claw her way to the top, and shares insider gossip about celebrity behavior—the good, the bad, and the very ugly. She recounts the crazy ups and downs of her own career and introduces us to some of the supertalented people she encountered before they got famous (or, in some cases, after fame went to their heads). Word to the wise: If you’ve ever crossed Kathy Griffin at some point in your life, check the index for your name.

Along the way, Kathy reveals intimate details about her life before and after she made the big time. She opens up about everything from growing up with a dysfunctional family in suburban Illinois to bombing as a young comedian in L.A., from her well-publicized plastic surgery disasters to her highly publicized divorce, and more. Only in this book will you learn how the dinner table is the best training ground for a career in stand-up, how speaking your mind can bite you on the ass and buy you a house, and which people in Kathy’s life have taught her the most valuable lessons—both inside and outside the entertainment industry.

Refreshingly candid, unflinchingly honest, and full of hilarious “Did she really say that?” moments, Official Book Club Selection will make you laugh until you cry, or just puke up a little bit.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:45 -0400)

The feisty comic recounts the highs and lows of her career while celebrating the friends and mentors who helped her along the way, and offers details on her childhood in Illinois, her plastic surgery disasters, and her failed marriage.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,411,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible