Binky the Space Cat (A Binky Adventure) by…

Binky the Space Cat (A Binky Adventure) (edition 2009)

by Ashley Spires, Ashley Spires (Illustrator)

Title:Binky the Space Cat (A Binky Adventure)
Authors:Ashley Spires
Other authors:Ashley Spires (Illustrator)
Info:Kids Can Press (2009), Paperback, 64 pages
Tags:Graphic Novel, Space, Cats

Binky the Space Cat (A Binky Adventure) by Ashley Spires

29 months - Written as a graphic novel this is a bit harder to read out loud than it would be for an older child to read to themselves but O loves it anyway. Probably because it's about a cat and aliens, two of her favorite things... Yes, seriously! ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book! This is about a house cat (convinced that he is a space cat) who bravely and heroically tries to "save" the humans in exchange for food. There are many funny moments, and the artwork is comical as well.
  kather8 | Jun 7, 2015 |
Wait, didn't I just read this? Oh, no, it was [bc:The Secret Life of Walter Kitty|122279|The Secret Life of Walter Kitty|Barbara Jean Hicks|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1171838814s/122279.jpg|117721]. Oh, and then there was [bc:When Cats Dream|450159|When Cats Dream (Orchard Paperbacks)|Dav Pilkey|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1174875790s/450159.jpg|438802], too. Hmmm. That's ok - they're all wonderful fun. This one is the size of a chapter book and designed a bit more like a graphic novel, so it might appeal more to kids who are reading on their own. The story develops oddly - we don't get introduced to Binky until after we've seen him do stuff, that kind of thing - but it's nbd, just a little different. I did laugh out loud several times in the 10 minutes it took to read this. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Binky The Space Cat was a fun read. The book is written and illustrated by Ashley Spires. I gave it 3 stars because I would not normally choose to read a graphic novel. But Binky was an easy fun read about a cat who kind of reminds me of MAX from the MAX and Ruby television show. Like Max, Binky has an active imagination that gets him into a lot of trouble. I have a few student sin my class who are reading Binky books as well. It's always nice to know what my students are reading. ( )
  ramfam5 | Mar 15, 2015 |
very funny. ( )
  darkle | Jan 11, 2015 |

Binky's blast-off into outer space (outside) to battle aliens (bugs) is delayed when he realizes he's left something behind--and it's not the anti-gravity kitty litter.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,957,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible