Dæmonens Hævn: Hex Hall (1) by Rachel…

Dæmonens Hævn: Hex Hall (1) (edition 2011)

by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Hex Hall (1)

Recently added byzuzamiller, MisaBookworm, maysaaa, uhohxkate, Jessica_H_96, private library, TheYodamom
    Fallen by Lauren Kate (foggidawn)
    Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (snazz)
    snazz: Paranormalcy is another YA paranormal series with a snarky and completely loveable main character as well as a swoon-worthy romance. Plus the plot is similar in that it deals with an organization controlling paranormals.
    I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter (_Zoe_)
    _Zoe_: Another boarding school whose students are secretly different--but in this case, they're training to be spies. Lots of fun.

English (185)  Italian (2)  Piratical (1)  All languages (188)
Another fantastic book. Sophie was amazing, the plot was great, and the writing, especially of Sophie's personality, was spot on. At first, I thought it would be a cute book ala Stephanie Perkins, but the plot turns at the end made it so much more. Can't wait to read the sequel :) ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
Hex Hall is a story we have all read before, at least that's what I thought. It's twists an old and somewhat overused tale into a new exciting and unexpected delight. The twists and revelations threw me the reader into bliss with the unknown. The details and characters are so well written i felt I could reach out and touch them. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
When I first read the reviews for this book I was surprised, mainly because the descriptions didn't sound that appealing to me yet everyone seemed to love it.

Now I've finished it and it turns out I love it too. The plot sounds like a cross between a paranormal book and one of those mean girls chicklit type books, but it's not really. What really makes it stands out are the characters. I loved Sophia and Jenna, there was something about the two of them that was just so compelling. I wanted to learn more about them and enjoyed watching them learn and grow. I really want to learn more about Archer. There is a character that you just know that you want to know more about their story. I'm glad there is another one coming out although I wasn't entirely happy with where the ending of the last book left us, so I hope that changes. It just felt like Sophie was running away from her problems instead of trying to learn how to deal with them. (I understand that her decision is a difficult one, but that doesn't change that it is a form of running away.) ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
My mother says I must not pass

Too near the glass;

She is afraid that I will see

A little witch that looks like me;

With a red mouth to whisper low,

The very thing I should not know.

~Sarah Morgan Bryant Pitt
For Mama and Daddy

For John and Will

For everything...
Felicia Miller was crying in the bathroom. Again.

When Sophie Mercer turned thirteen, she discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-Gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hecate Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward prodigium, a.k.a. witches, fae, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard. Three powerful enemies who look like supermodels; a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock; a creepy, tag-along ghost; and a new roommate, who happens to be the most-hated person and only vampire on campus. Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her friend Jenna is the number one suspect. Meanwhile, Sophie has a more personal shock to grapple with. Not only is her father the head of the prodigium council, he's the most powerful warlock in the world, and Sophie is his heir. As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all prodigium, especially her.

When Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, she is exiled to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,000,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible