Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends

by Tim Sanders

Are you wondering what the next killer app will be? Do you want to know how you can maintain and add to your value during these rapidly changing times? Are you wondering how the word love can even be used in the context of business? Instead of wondering, read this book and find out how to become a lovecat—a nice, smart person who succeeds in business and in life. How do you become a lovecat? By sharing your intangibles. By that I mean: Your knowledge: everything that comes from all the books that I’ll encourage you to devour. Your network: the collection of friends and contacts you now have, which I’ll teach you how to grow and nurture. Your compassion: that human warmth you already possess—in these pages I’ll convince you that you can show it freely at the office. What happens when you do all this? * You become a rich source of information to all around you. * You are seen as a person with valuable insight. * You are perceived as generous to a fault, producing surprise and delight. * You double your business intelligence in one year. * You triple your network of personal relationships in two years. * You quadruple the number of colleagues in your life who love you like family. In short, you become one of those amazing, outstanding people to whom everyone turns, who leads rather than follows, who never runs out of ideas, contacts, or friendship. Here’s the real scoop: Nice guys don’t finish last. They rule!… (more)

This is good source for understanding importance of quality like knowledge, network and compassion in our worklife and career. ( )
  mahimm | Jul 15, 2018 |
Didn't resonate with me... forgot the premise. ( )
  shakazul | Jul 4, 2017 |
Excellent for cultivating relationships. Great to learn how to add value to your customers and your business. A great positive outlook. Inspires really positive thinking. I highly recommend. A very good read. ( )
  markdeo | Apr 9, 2009 |
This is a combination business-psychology book or perhaps 'the inter-personal psychology of business'. It focuses more on relationships across firms than with employees and colleagues within the firm. The philosophy seems a mix of Buddhism meets Flowerchild meets Hipster meets Business 2.0. Business people who are old-school (not even Business 1.0) in a profit-focused, corporate world are not going to resonate with this book. Perhaps a subtitle could be: 'how to be super-positive, energetic, and loving fostering a mutual explosion in positive thoughts with other like-minded cheerful lovecats'. This is not to say the book has no merit. But the book is so full of excitement that at points it is syrupy. If everyone had such a compassionate perspective there would be so much less politics, arguing, tension, stress, and lawsuits it would be much more appealing and rewarding, I suspect, for many in business. On the other hand, if the author's suggestions around networking, for example, were widely adopted, then all businesspeople would spend all their time connecting with networked people connected by Lovecats, for no obvious business reason in many cases, and never get any work done.

Parts of the book are trivial and seemingly too basic to put in print (the recommendation, for example, to use a contact management system for recording business contacts); other parts of the book seem to be psychological: "Lovecats revel in the element of delight and surprise they can bring to the table." In my business experience, there are a lot of focused and successful business professionals whose list of what delights them include meeting objectives, closing a deal, enforcing accountability, beating competitors, and the like. As a result, the book is going to be more successful in networking-centric, enlightened?- unrealistic-communities such as bloggers or management consulting gurus who follow Seth Godin and Tom Peters. ( )
  shawnd | Sep 11, 2008 |
Good book. If people put these concepts into practice it would make for a better world. ( )
  beanbooks | Dec 16, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,775,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible