A Splendid Friend Indeed (Bear and Goose…

A Splendid Friend Indeed (Bear and Goose stories) (edition 2009)

by Suzanne Bloom

Title:A Splendid Friend Indeed (Bear and Goose stories)
Authors:Suzanne Bloom
Info:Boyds Mills Press (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:picture, friends, animals

A Splendid Friend, Indeed by Suzanne Bloom

A Splendid Friend, Indeed is a picture book by Suzanne Bloom. It received the Geisel honor award. It is a very simple and short read, but sends a good message to young children. Overall the message is that even though we are all different, we can still all be friends. The book is illustrated in lovely, textured pastels, the type you would want to frame and hang by your child's bed. This book is geared more towards the younger kids, such as pre school or kindergarten, but I think it could be made into a read aloud for first or second grade. An activity that could go with the book is to having the students write a story about a time where they made a friend who was different than them.
  tayro_95 | Sep 13, 2016 |
This book received the Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Award. I liked it a great deal because, even though it is very short and simple, it has a wonderful message for young children. Curricular connections - How we are all different and can still get along and be friends. ( )
  JillStephens | Feb 8, 2016 |
Genre: Picture Book
This is a story about a bear and a goose. The bear is trying to read and write, but the goose keeps interrupting him with his talking. They end up as great friends.
This is a very easy read. It would be a good book to read if you are reading with a new reader.
  samantha.cox | Dec 7, 2015 |
This is my new favorite illustrator. My good friend and title 1 specialist met this author on several occasions and has the books signed by her. It is a delightful story of friendship. My friend told me that the publisher thought the words "splendid" and "indeed" were not age appropriate but she stuck by her guns. This is a perfect way to add a new big people word to little people vocabulary, and such a complimentary word at that. Ask students to use the word at home to describe something they really like i.e. dinner, the weather, mom's new dress, etc... ( )
  Glorydaze | Oct 24, 2015 |
A bear tries to read, and write - with many interruptions by goose. But the two become friends, splendid friends.
  Stephanie_Addison | Oct 15, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159078488X, Paperback)

Stunning illustrations capture the exasperation of Bear, whose solitary reading and writing are continually interrupted by persistent Goose. In the end, Bear is won over and to his own surprise, declares Goose a Splendid Friend, Indeed! A very funny story with a warm message about not judging others.

A Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:08 -0400)

When a studious polar bear meets an inquisitive goose, they learn to be friends.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,776,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible