Walt Disneys Pinocchio a Big Golden Book by…

Walt Disneys Pinocchio a Big Golden Book (original 1940; edition 1953)

by Disney

Member:39again
Title:Walt Disneys Pinocchio a Big Golden Book
Authors:Disney
Info:GOLDEN PRESS (1953), Hardcover
Collections:CHILDREN
Tags:Disney, children, picture book, Big Golden Book, Pinocchio, folk/fairy/fable

Pinocchio by Steffi Fletcher (1940)

This was the book my mom used to read to us children a lot. I got into puppets for a while and loved telling the story in front of my class for show and tell. The illustrations make children wonder what happens on the next page. Little Golden Books are nice to have as a collection. ( )
  lannersvalerie | Oct 11, 2014 |
This book is about a little puppet that becomes a real boy. He has a bad habit of lying. Every time he says a lie, he nose grows out long and he gets embarrassed and tries to hide it. This book is good for young children because they can see why lying isn't a good thing and maybe they will think their nose will grow long like his if they lie. I remember when I was little, my parents used to always tell me that my tongue was turning black and was going to fall off if I lied. ( )
  emilyann93 | Sep 24, 2014 |
Pinocchio is about a wooden toy who comes to life. To become a real boy he has prove himself worthy of being a great kid. Pinocchio realizes that its not so hard being a good boy and he lies often. When he lies his nose grows and although when you lie in reality your nose doesn't grow, it's still not good. The consequence of him lying was his nose growing. Students can learn that there is a consequence to every lie and its not being honest.
  Future_educator | Nov 25, 2013 |
This is another wonderful creation by Walt Disney. It is the story about a little puppet that a toymaker builds. This puppet wants to be a real boy but to become a real boy me must prove that he is brave, truthful, and unselfish. Pinocchio has a hard time with this at first and comes across a few difficult situations. However, in the end he shows that he is capable of being a real boy.
I would have this book in my classroom because although it is long, it shows children that being brave, truthful, ad unselfish will get you more. I also like it because it gives great detail and has nice illustrations. This book is appropriate for children ages 4-7.
  AmySueMiner | Sep 25, 2013 |
This is Disney's version of the classic fairy tale Pinocchio featuring illustrations which correlate with the feature film. A little on the longer side this book is twenty pages long and contains much more text than any of the other books in my library. I liked it for this reason as that makes it a wonderful read aloud book. It follows the Disney movie to a tee from beginning to end which makes it perfect for a read after just having seen the movie. Overall I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it highly. ( )
1 vote hem143 | Oct 11, 2012 |

Steffi Fletcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dempster, AlIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dias, RonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

Is an abridged version of

One night,long, long ago, the Evening Star shone down across the dark sky.

Text and stills from the film present the adventures of the puppet boy whose nose grew whenever he told a lie.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:39 -0400)

The adventures of the puppet boy whose nose grew whenever he told a lie.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible