Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield

Simon's Cat (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Simon Tofield

Member:bpagano
Title:Simon's Cat
Authors:Simon Tofield
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2009), Paperback, 240 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:humor, 2012, cats

Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield (2009)

English (22)  Finnish (1)  All languages (23)
Very cute! ( )
  Lucidly | Aug 16, 2013 |
Being a huge fan of the Simon's Cat videos that are posted on youtube, I had to see if this book was just as good. It was FUNNY... but... I did love the videos so much more. Still worth taking a look at though. :) ( )
  bonniemarjorie | May 7, 2013 |
The graphic novel version of the youtube phenomenon, Simon's Cat manages the transition to paper quite well. The cute illustrations are reminiscent of Garfield comics, and the cat's antics are familiar to any cat owners! Humorous and engaging for children and adults of all ages. ( )
  sschreur | Apr 21, 2013 |
Very funny, but it's just not the same without sound. I'll stick to the videos. ( )
  ctsquirrel | Apr 3, 2013 |
This is apparently based on some popular YouTube videos of the same name. I've never heard of it, but since I almost never go to YouTube, that's not saying much. Still, I saw the title on the Goodreads giveaways list and decided to enter to win a free book. I have a cat, and who doesn't love a good cartoon about cats? I was lucky enough to win a copy.

This was cute. I think every cat owner will recognize their cat in these pages. The way he's always begging for food, plotting to catch the local wildlife, ripping off his bell-collar, and just generally being a lovable, annoying furball are spot on. There's one section about the ordeal of getting the cat into the pet carrier and to the vet that I am going to show my aunt. She will love it! And does she have a story about that! Some things seemed a little familiar from Garfield (mostly the cat-as-birdhouse routines), but mostly this was original and funny. With his best friend the garden gnome and his arch-nemesis the porcupine in tow, Simon's cat will charm your socks off.

One thing that bothered me was that I wasn't sure where one little storyline ended and where another started. They weren't consistently the same length, sometimes there were several on a page, and sometimes one little story went on for pages. Maybe it was just me. But still--that's what knocked this down a star.

Overall, though, I recommend this for cat lovers. I'll be checking out the YouTube videos soon myself. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
Äidilleni, kiitos kaikesta.
Tämä kirja on omistettu sinulle.

Simon Tofield's animations have taken YouTube by storm. Now, the feline Internet phenomenon makes his way onto the page in this first-ever book based on the popular animated series. SIMON'S CAT depicts and exaggerates the hilarious relationship between a man and his cat. The daily escapades of this adorable pet, which always involve demanding more food, and his exasperated but doting owner come to life through Tofield's charming and hilarious illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:25 -0400)

Originally created as a series of animated cartoons broadcast on youtube.com, Simon's Cat is a collection of drawings by London animator Simon Tofield featuring his cat Simon.

Canongate Books

An edition of this book was published by Canongate Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,979,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible