The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) by Julie…

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) (edition 2010)

by Julie Kagawa

Member:TayteH
Title:The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:Harlequin (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:love, fey, iron

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (Kerian)
    Kerian: The Iron King ties to and borrows characters from this work, a book which also has romance. Not everyone who likes one book will like the other, but some will.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: If you like strong, determined female leads with hidden depths, plenty of action, adventure and intrigue....
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (kiwiflowa)
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (SunnySD)
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman (kiwiflowa)
    kiwiflowa: Both feature the traditional and modern worlds in conflict as a theme.

English (281)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (283)
I absolutely loved this book. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
A 16 year old girl that has never fit in. Is drawn into the fey world when her brother is replaced with an evil copy. Her best friend is not what she tought he was and a love may be in her future. She must rise above who she thinks she is and open herself up to new reasoning.
This is a fantastic tale, Having an "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it. The characters are strong and some very wicked. I just enjoyed escaping into this story and can't wait for book 2. What will Ash do with her ? ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This book was well-written, but through it I've discovered that novels set within the Fae world are definitely not my thing. That said, readers with an interest in fantasy novels that use the Fae world as as setting would probably enjoy this book. ( )
  Melissa_J | Jan 16, 2016 |
This was one of the 2013 free iTunes gifts from Apple. It took me a couple of starts to get far enough into the story where it gets interesting to keep going and finish, but overall I enjoyed reading this book. I might even pick up a sequel, but I doubt I'd invest in the whole series as it seems quite long.

The writing was good and well-edited and the settings were intriguing enough. Although many of the minor characters are "borrowed" and feel a bit flat, there are some really great original ones as well (I adored THE IRON HORSE!) The romance didn't really do anything for me (but then they rarely do) and thankfully didn't take too much space within the story. My main gripe was (as it so often is) with the protagonist. Up until the very last chapters where she experiences Sudden Character Development, she both demands everyone to jump to her aid no matter the cost and at the same time reacts to everyone and everything with "no I won't" and that was quite irritating.

Kudos to the publisher for a very beautifully laid out ebook. ( )
  nerwende | Dec 30, 2015 |
Magical, mystery, mesmerizing. ( )
  Chiththarthan | Dec 29, 2015 |

Julie Kagawaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Iron. Ice. A Love Doomed From The Start.
For Nick, Brandon and Villis. May we continue to beat those dead horses unto the ground.
Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny--one she could never have imagined. Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth--that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face, and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,199,458 books! | Top bar: Always visible