Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) by Julie…

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) (edition 2010)

by Julie Kagawa

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
2,0722783,201 (3.89)98
Title:The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:Harlequin Teen (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:eBook, 2013

Work details

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

  1. 40
    A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (Kerian)
    Kerian: The Iron King ties to and borrows characters from this work, a book which also has romance. Not everyone who likes one book will like the other, but some will.
  2. 40
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: If you like strong, determined female leads with hidden depths, plenty of action, adventure and intrigue....
  3. 20
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (kiwiflowa)
  4. 00
    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (SunnySD)
  5. 12
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman (kiwiflowa)
    kiwiflowa: Both feature the traditional and modern worlds in conflict as a theme.

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 98 mentions

English (276)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (278)
Showing 1-5 of 276 (next | show all)
The first thing I noticed about this book was the cover, it's gorgeous. I also noticed the pages, I love the swirly vine pattern on some of the pages in the book. It is gorgeous and a beautiful addition to my library; I love my ebooks but I can't wait to get a physical copy of the next book, The Iron Daughter, the cover is also truly beautiful.

I love Puck, I have always loved Puck in his many reincarnations whether Shakespearean or not. He is mischievous and just hilarious. I also like Ash but not quite as much as I like Puck. On the note of favorite characters, what person couldn't like Grim; he is completely awesome and a true faerie, deals and all.

It took a minute for me to get into the book and there are some predictable parts but not too many. I like the plot, it runs at a good fast pace. I do love the extreme imagination in this book, there is so much grandeur and so many truly unique contributions to faery lore. It is an honor to add this book to my faery literature shelf. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
This book is about a girl that is named megan and her brother is replaced by a fey ( a dreamed up person that has glamor or magic). she needs to get him back so she plunges into the nevernever (fairyland) to save him along with Puck a fey.Along the way she finds some new friends a talking cat a winter prince and her real father. ( )
  NickR.B3 | Nov 12, 2015 |
As i started reading this series I found myself yelling at my ereader. No joke, loud as can be, like you would yell at a movie.

It draws you into a world that has beings that just seem odd. I didnt expect to realize that yes one side was just mean while the other seemed nice, then throw in a side bent on destruction of everyone and everything but themselves.

She finds her dad, although he is not who she thought he was. He cant even show love in his eyes when he looks at her. Shes locked away, but they tell her hidden. Shes confused and not sure whats going on. Just knows that she will do whatever she must to save her brother.

She decides to give up the option of never seeing the fey, she decides to step into a world that could easily kill her, and then she decides to go up against a fey who wants her for himself. Why hadnt she seen that? why didnt she realize it before, that he stole her brother to get to her??

What will be left of her once she fulfills the bargain?? Because remember, a bargain with a fey can never be broken. ( )
  katieperryrogers | Nov 7, 2015 |
well enough written but I am definitely not the target audience - maybe intended for 12 year olds? the scenarios are safe enough but from a realism perspective, definitely lacking. the good vs. evil conflict feels cardboard with little difference or contrast. ( )
  jason9292 | Sep 6, 2015 |
Deze recensie is als eerste verschenen op Carpe Libra
Julie Kagawa is er met De Ijzerkoning in geslaagd om in een pakkende schrijfstijl een prachtig boek te schrijven. Een boek dat me wegnam naar een andere werkelijkheid, waar elven en alle andere wezens waar mensen over dromen echt bestaan. Tenminste zolang je in ze blijft geloven ;) Vol kobolden, wyverns en draken. Met knappe prinsen, pratende katten en magie natuurlijk. Heerlijk om deze wereld te ontdekken!
Het verhaal mocht er ook wel zijn. Een ontvoerd broertje terughalen uit de klauwen van gevaarlijke monsters... Je kan je wel voorstellen dat ik af en toe op het puntje van mijn stoel zat! Wat was het spannend! Zou iedereen het wel overleven? Ook de manier waarop Julie Kagawa de personages had geschetst was zeer goed. De fae vooral waren erg mysterieus. Je kon bijna nooit met zekerheid zeggen dat er niets achter zat. Dat er niet eerst een tegenprestatie geleverd moet worden... Wow! Ik zou niet lang in Nimmernimmer overleven, ik flap er altijd van alles uit ;)
Waarom dan niet die vijf sterren als ik zo lovend ben over het verhaal? Dat heeft helaas te maken met onze hoofdpersoon. Meg. Ze kwam namelijk de meeste tijd over als een dom gansje. Een tegenstrijdig dom gansje dat natuurlijk de meest idiote dingen in het hoofd haalt. Waardoor andere mensen meestal pijn moeten lijden.... Niet iets waar ik echt goed tegen kan en aangezien het verhaal door Meghan's ogen verteld wordt, moest ik me af en toe bedwingen om haar door elkaar te schudden als ze weer eens op het punt stond iets ongelooflijks uit te halen...
De Ijzerkoning was een leuk boek om te lezen, met een prachtige wereld en een goed verhaal. Enige en ook grootste domper was onze hoofdpersoon. Die gedroeg zich het grootste gedeelte van de tijd als jonkvrouwe kip zonder kop die gered moest worden door haar prins op het witte paard. Zeer frustrerend af en toe, maar laat je door haar niet ervan weerhouden om aan dit boek te beginnen. Vooral de wereld (en de hotties) zijn meer dan de moeite waard! ( )
  CarpeLibra | Aug 16, 2015 |
Showing 1-5 of 276 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (1 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Julie Kagawaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hvam, KhristineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Iron. Ice. A Love Doomed From The Start.
For Nick, Brandon and Villis. May we continue to beat those dead horses unto the ground.
First words
Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English


Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny--one she could never have imagined. Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth--that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face, and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

(summary from another edition)

» see all 5 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
9 avail.
256 wanted
5 pay2 pay

Popular covers


Average: (3.89)
0.5 2
1 12
1.5 2
2 39
2.5 13
3 156
3.5 46
4 247
4.5 20
5 228


2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.


Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible